57 Chevy funny car

21 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Got this kit and just started on it Sunday...Here is what I have so far...Need to find better decals for it and finish spraying the body

005-10.jpg

006-8.jpg

001-8.jpg

002-8.jpg

003-8.jpg

015-2.jpg

Posted · Report post

Man that thing looks wicked dude. Love the colour & you did all this in 5 days man?? Far out I wish I could work that quick man & still turn out work like that hahaha

Posted · Report post

I built many of the Monogram '80s Funny Cars when they were new, and applying the decals was always the best part. :)

I remember when Hot Rod Magazine had a centerfold poster if McEwen's '57 flopper- I couldn't wait to hang it on my wall. Looks like you've made some nice progress so far. ;)

Posted · Report post

Shane, looking good. Hey do you ever attend the cruise ins there in Cleveland? They have a model contest at them. Never been myself, but hope to attend the next one if my ole Ford will make the trip.

Robert

Posted · Report post

Man that thing looks wicked dude. Love the colour & you did all this in 5 days man?? Far out I wish I could work that quick man & still turn out work like that hahaha

Thanks and yup all since this pasr Sunday...The frame is done but havent took any pics of it yet

Shane, looking good. Hey do you ever attend the cruise ins there in Cleveland? They have a model contest at them. Never been myself, but hope to attend the next one if my ole Ford will make the trip.

Robert

Thanks...I use to but got burned out on it...Havent been in almost a year and a half now

Posted · Report post

Nice start, it looks good! I have to admit I'm a little jealous, I had one in my stash, opened it up to find a big piece of the body missing through the injection process. I need another body!

Posted · Report post

That sure is one pretty color. Nice job on the building, keep it going.

Posted · Report post

Heres a few pics of the frame...Gotta do some small details here n there but the frame is all done

001-10.jpg

002-10.jpg

003-9.jpg

004-7.jpg

005-12.jpg

008-8.jpg

010-8.jpg

011-7.jpg

012-7.jpg

013-2.jpg

Posted · Report post

Nice start, it looks good! I have to admit I'm a little jealous, I had one in my stash, opened it up to find a big piece of the body missing through the injection process. I need another body!

Man that sucks....I need new decals for this one...They look like ###### when I opened it

Posted · Report post

Really nice clean work. The finish is really nice as well.

Posted · Report post

looks very very nice-great color!

Posted · Report post

Wow! Makes me think I need to finish mine.

Then I want to find another to build a "what if" with IN-N-OUT decals ...

Posted · Report post

Great looking build so far Shane. You know you got me wanting to build mine now, but I .. must resist starting another, Got 3 funny cars on the bench actively now 55 chevy, 06 camaro and a 57 T Bird.

Posted · Report post

Great looking build so far Shane. You know you got me wanting to build mine now, but I .. must resist starting another, Got 3 funny cars on the bench actively now 55 chevy, 06 camaro and a 57 T Bird.

Lol thanks man...This is the first one I have done in awhile

Posted · Report post

Well after a year,I broke this one backout....Had got some decals that was in better shape than mine and still didnt have any luck with em...So I just borrowed some from the 49 Merc kit and went to town....Should be in clear this week

003-2.jpg

004-4.jpg

006-4.jpg

Posted · Report post

That's really sharp!! The flame decals look awesome!!!

Posted · Report post

I like it !! Bummer about the decals (I know what thats like) but I think it looks way cooler now.

Posted · Report post

Now that looks cool. The flames give it attitude!!!!!

Posted · Report post

Looking good! I like the flames and the paint color. I finally got mine started with a box stock approach, I think I like yours better. Are you going to add wires? Just wondering because I need some reference and was going to look at yours. I don't know much about fuel lines on this one either I will stay tuned, nice progress so far.

Posted · Report post

Thanks man...Prob not gonna add wires on this one....Started as a quick build but got pushed to the side for about a year now lol

Posted · Report post

I know what you mean about getting pushed to the side. Sometimes I just want to go back to when I could just build them without the details. Just finished a snap kit and I love it.