Model Cars Magazine Forum

57 Chevy funny car

I built many of the Monogram '80s Funny Cars when they were new, and applying the decals was always the best part. :)

I remember when Hot Rod Magazine had a centerfold poster if McEwen's '57 flopper- I couldn't wait to hang it on my wall. Looks like you've made some nice progress so far. ;)

Man that thing looks wicked dude. Love the colour & you did all this in 5 days man?? Far out I wish I could work that quick man & still turn out work like that hahaha

Thanks and yup all since this pasr Sunday...The frame is done but havent took any pics of it yet

Shane, looking good. Hey do you ever attend the cruise ins there in Cleveland? They have a model contest at them. Never been myself, but hope to attend the next one if my ole Ford will make the trip.

Robert

Thanks...I use to but got burned out on it...Havent been in almost a year and a half now

Nice start, it looks good! I have to admit I'm a little jealous, I had one in my stash, opened it up to find a big piece of the body missing through the injection process. I need another body!

Man that sucks....I need new decals for this one...They look like ###### when I opened it

Great looking build so far Shane. You know you got me wanting to build mine now, but I .. must resist starting another, Got 3 funny cars on the bench actively now 55 chevy, 06 camaro and a 57 T Bird.

Lol thanks man...This is the first one I have done in awhile

• 10 months later...

Looking good! I like the flames and the paint color. I finally got mine started with a box stock approach, I think I like yours better. Are you going to add wires? Just wondering because I need some reference and was going to look at yours. I don't know much about fuel lines on this one either I will stay tuned, nice progress so far.