Model Cars Magazine Forum

Me & the Wife went to see CARS last night. I must say, it was well done as far as "car" details are concerned in a childrens movie (watch as bits of rubber ball-up in the corners during on-track racing scenes....and the way the Hudson drifts in the dirt racing scene). The plot naturally has an uplifting message for the audience, but man...it's loaded with little "nuggets" through-out the film. And like him or hate him, Larry the Cable Guy is PERFECT for his role as `Mater. Listen closely to his comments.

And make SURE you stick around until the end for the credits. :wink:

Yeah John, that is a MUST see movie for me also! I'll either see it in the theatre, or buy the DVD when it comes out.

There must have been some car guys working on this one because the details in some of the couple cars I have seen (Hudson for one) are exactly right!

Thanks for the mini review!

Yeah John, that is a MUST see movie for me also! I'll either see it in the theatre, or buy the DVD when it comes out.

There must have been some car guys working on this one because the details in some of the couple cars I have seen (Hudson for one) are exactly right!

Thanks for the mini review!

There's a TON of accurate details in this movie.... I've read a few interviews where ALL the guys at PIXAR are car guys. And it shows in the finished product.

GO SEE IT!

When you get a chance, look at the backgrounds used. In the rock formations you can find '60 Cad rear fenders, fat front fenders and hoods, radiator caps and more. Check the diner awnings, Valve covers with spark plugs held up with connecting rods and pistons. Work on your "pause" finger for the DVD! or check the website.

Check the diner awnings, Valve covers with spark plugs held up with connecting rods and pistons.

Did you notice that the diner lights (spark plugs....) were "firing" in a sequence?

Yeah... it's LOADED with goodies. Too bad I told a few people at work how cool the movie was. When the usual Monday morning visit from our local DVD bootlegger came along, I couldn't get a copy as everyone bought whatever she had!

Too bad I told a few people at work how cool the movie was. When the usual Monday morning visit from our local DVD bootlegger came along, I couldn't get a copy as everyone bought whatever she had!

I stand corrected: I got a copy for $5 today..... :D

Unfortunatly I did not see it yet due to me still debating if my 6mo old will sit through it, but I did see a small behind the scenes on Starz and the main guy from Dreamworks stated that at one point in the movie the Fiat falls over and he stated that if you look closely (again prob. have to wait for the dvd) you can see that all of the undercarage detail is correct.

I've been buying Cars stuff for my son and he doesn't even know what a car is! Can't find King in the matchbox size though :(

Later

Mike

Hi Guys

We took the Kids on a trip to Queensland on the long weekend just gone and it rained so we took them to the cars movie, I must say I think I enjoyed it more than they did, I must say I was takin by suprise by the voices I knew but the last one that pops up was a total suprise, it is Nah I am not going to tell you go see the movie, one thing I did notice was the tire tracks in the sky representing the vapor trails a plane would leave, I would say the best movie pixar has made, but then again I'm not a fish man I'm a car guy

• 2 weeks later...

quick question for those who have seen the movie. I havent seen it yet, does Jeremy Clarkson from the BBC show Top Gear (that must really be brought back to American Television) have a small voice roll in the movie, I read it somewhere but I can't any info on it at IMDB.com (internet Movie Database)

I dont think Jeremy Clarkson has a voice in it but I could be wrong, I know his voice because I watched the Top gear series

There are a lot of actors that have one liners in it so you might have to wait for the dvd and go through the credits slowly to find out

• 3 weeks later...

This is a movie that is definitely worth going to a theater to see! Among the things that others have mentioned, I noticed that the car exhaust sounds are dead on! Most notably Sally Carrera's "Porsche" sound and Doc Hudson's flathead six with straight pipes when he goes out and runs the dirt by himself.

The comments from the little kids in the theater during the movie were priceless!

I'll still buy the DVD when I can, so I can go over it time and again.

Definitely a great movie. I loved it. Even the GF stayed awake thruogh the whole thing. Movies for her tend to be $10 naps. Our car club is going as a group to see it, too. I loved the tractor part...that's all I'm gonna say...it's hilerious, trust me.