Model Cars Magazine Forum

1971 Plymouth Duster 340

foxbat426

If you do a little detailing on the wheels, you'll find it makes a big difference. Here's another '71 Plymouth with Rallye wheels.

1971-hemi-cuda-main.jpg

The Mopar experts on here could probably tell you the exact paints (Metalizers?) to use to obtain a near-perfect match, but basically you'd want to start by black-washing the holes. Use a small brush and small amounts of paint to prevent anything from slopping onto the trim rings. The wheel should be then painted some shade of silver, while the wheel center should be a darker metallic gray. Model Master's Metalizers probably has the perfect shade for that, too. To keep things simple on your kit, leave the trim ring, the center cap and the lug nuts unpainted.

HTH

Very nice looking Duster ! Very clean and good work on the BMF . Like was already said , I'd do a black wash on the grille and the wheels . That can easily be done on the finished model and will really make a big difference ! Leave the wheel painting for the next one .

BTW , glad to see you can post photos okay . Look forward to more !

BOB .

CRITIQUE!! :D that would take a lot of nerve on my part. i think this car is near perfect. i like everything about it and i love the color. by the way i will have to check buy the way John i may have a set of f.m. 24th scale rally wheels off of a cuda if you need them. just let me know. again real cool build. B)

Overall, your model looks very good; clean and crisp, nice paint. Since this is only your second build, I don't mean to sound like I'm piling on... but for your next one, make sure you sand off those "nubs" on the wheel rims where they were connected to the sprue, and then touch up the bare spots with a bit of silver paint.

It's a learning experience, and we all get better with each model we build. You deserve a lot of credit for asking for advice and trying to become a better modeler. You are using this forum exactly the way it should be used. B)

John,Great job on your build!!! I can't beleive this is you second one!!!

You are on your way to being a great modeler!!! :D

You are very brave to post your builds here and be kind enough to accept suggestions.Keep up the good work and please post more as you go!!!

Can't believe that it's your second build. Very clean build over all, paint looks very good and parts fit nicely together etc. This is much better than my second build, so I'm not saying any critic, just more and more builds and you get better all the time. ;)