Model Cars Magazine Forum

I had started a thread in the pick-up section,but I've decided to continue posting progress in the "On the workbench" area.Here is a link to my original thread: http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=44849

Here's my latest progress.I reverse hinged the hood.

DreamTruckBuildUp59.jpg

DreamTruckBuildUp60.jpg

Next on my list is to scratchbuild a whole new interior.I should have pics by thursday.

Thanx for lookin'

Jeremy

Finished up the main floor section of the cab.This is what's know as a traditional body-dropped floor.

DreamTruckBuildUp61.jpg

DreamTruckBuildUp62.jpg

Next I'll be building the rearwall sub-enclosure and center console,once I get more sheet styrene.

Thanx for lookin'

Jeremy

WOW!!!!!! i am blown away by this!!

I just looked through your progress in the other thread.......that is incredible jeremy! The doors had to be hard to cut open, the "A" pillars are sooooo thin, but you did a great job, and that frame! wow....just incredible. i dont know what else to say. way beyond my scratchbuilding ability man.

all i can say is keep it goin, i will definetely be watching this one! more more more! LOL

cheers!

Bryan M

youre welcome Jeremy

well, i know one thing. your scratchbuilding ability has definetely surpassed mine! i mean, sure i can scratchbuild some stuff, but what youre doing with this truck is way beyond my scope...

im gonna pay close attention to this one, keep it rollin!

cheers

bryan

• 2 weeks later...

Haven't been super motivated to build lately,but I got a set of the control arms built for front of the truck.

DreamTruckBuildUp63.jpg

I hope to have the other side done on saturday,since that is the next day that I can get to my bench.

Thanx for lookin'

Jeremy

• 5 weeks later...

Wow its been a while since I updated this thread.Haven't been highly motivated to build lately.But once I saw bryan's version of this truck it light a fire under me to get back to the bench.Not a whole lot of progress but all 4 control arms are done.

DreamTruckBuildUp64.jpg

I've started on the rest of the cab floor.I have half of the driveshaft tunnel done.

Thanx for lookin'

Jeremy

Made a small amount of progress in the past couple days.I finished my driveshaft tunnel / center console.

DreamTruckBuildUp67.jpg

I still need to smooth everything out and build the sub enclosure in front of the rearwall which is my next step.

I removed the vent windows from the front glass area.You can see in the picture a stock glass assembly and the modified one.

DreamTruckBuildUp66.jpg

I test fitted the dash as well.I need to shim the sides a bit to get it to fit properly.

DreamTruckBuildUp68.jpg

Thanx for lookin'

Jeremy

I got my interior pretty much the way I want it now.

DreamTruckBuildUp69.jpg

The start of the sub-box.

DreamTruckBuildUp70.jpg

The face of the box in place with the subs mocked up.

DreamTruckBuildUp71.jpg

Switchbox,amp and subs mocked to see how it will look.

DreamTruckBuildUp72.jpg

Seats from an AMT 1966 Nova mocked up.

Thanx for lookin'

Jeremy