Model Cars Magazine Forum

my new junkyard mutt

jerseyjunker1

i thought i would share this with you. i found these dogs in the local dollar store they are perfect 24th 25th scale. they are made of ruber and stand up well. the colors are a little funky but i painted one and dulled it to look like a junkyard dog i rusted a chain and made a collar and made a dog food dish and made an old pot filled with dirty water. this dog will be chained to an old rusty half delivery body that will serve as his dog house and placed in the yard. the bright colored dog is what it looked like before painting it. the tube of dogs is what to look for in the dollar store it has 10 dogs of all different types and colors and two stupid looking palm trees.but how can you beat 1 dollar a package.

Captured2012-5-2900003.jpg

Captured2012-5-2900004.jpg

Captured2012-5-2900005.jpg

Captured2012-5-2900006.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, this MAY sound nutty, but i'm against ANY mistreatment of ANY animals. This IS a GREAT idea, BUT if you just leave the chain OFF or just a bit of chain left so it looks like the poor dog ISN'T CHAINED to ONE spot. How would any of US like to be CHAINED to our home? Just an observation from an ol dude that LOVES his dog. These dogs deserve a BIT of freedom for guarding our "Holy Grails".

But THANK YOU for posting this, caz dogs are a BIG part of most of us car crafters lives!!! :D;)^_^

most cities require that outdoor dogs be restrained, George... loose dogs go to the Pound. our Shepherd has a 60ft run and a kennel for shelter, and she's a happy girl. besides, those are supposed to be "yard dogs", i think... not pets, per se. even a loose dog in a fenced yard is not 100% in the law's eye here....

Here in Deeetroy, you can have a loose dog in your YARD, but if you walk 'em they MUST be onna leash. Most "Yard Dogs" are legal loose IN THEIR YARD. but again IF they leave their yard they gotta be onna lead or leash. I just happen to LIKE dogs alot, so to ME, ALL dogs ARE pets, NOT just Yard dogs.But that lil rascal of yours adds ALOT to the Dio! :lol::D;)

George...... I think maybe you're taking this dio too seriously? I too am a major dog lover. My Malamute/terrier mix spends most of her time indoors... because she seems to want to be with us. But in the yard she's always on a 20' chain while she does her "thing". I've seen too many instances of gates being left open or holes in a fence.... and the dog is gone!

I hope you don't find my avatar offensive..... personally, I found it humorous. Definitely not something to do to a real dog. As far as the junkyard dog is concerned, I think you'll find they MUST be on a lease or chain when the yard is open to the public. It just makes good sense.

Tony

Not at all, Tony! I think it really adds a bit of 'Life" to an otherwise lifeless scene. I just like dogs,Bro. Your avitar is cool. It reminds me of the "Rocket Cat"! Here in Detroit we got ALOTTA "Junk Yard" dogs. Detroiters must LIKE the look of derilict cars in their yards, caz it seems they ALL got at least one in their yards!!!! I can leave my gates open and my dog won't come out of my yard unless I call him out. He's a GREAT dog!!!(He's a WestHighland Terrier, a Westie, so you KNOW he's a feirce little guy!!!LOL!!!) :lol::D;)^_^

Not at all, Tony! I think it really adds a bit of 'Life" to an otherwise lifeless scene. I just like dogs,Bro. Your avitar is cool. It reminds me of the "Rocket Cat"! Here in Detroit we got ALOTTA "Junk Yard" dogs. Detroiters must LIKE the look of derilict cars in their yards, caz it seems they ALL got at least one in their yards!!!! I can leave my gates open and my dog won't come out of my yard unless I call him out. He's a GREAT dog!!!(He's a WestHighland Terrier, a Westie, so you KNOW he's a feirce little guy!!!LOL!!!) :lol::D;)^_^

its funny what you say about the dogs because i am an animal lover to and feel the same way you do about them being chained up. i put them in the diorama because like a lot of things we as humans are not comfortable with they are there.but if this will make you feel any better i am pretty sure that it is against the law in some states now to have a junkyard dog tied up. by the way this is my friend rupert who would help me work on models before he grew up and went out on his own.

Captured2009-10-600000.jpg

Captured2009-10-1400000.jpg