Model Cars Magazine Forum

How do you strip paint and adhesives off of resin bodies?

• 2 weeks later...

I "Rolled the dice" and used Easy-off in the yellow can....And, It worked perfectly!!! No damage whatsoever to the resin. It only took 35 minutes total (2 applications) and the cab was cleaned of all the paint. I was holding my breath during the first application and about 75% of the paint came right off.Then the second application finished the job.And I rinsed the cab in warm soapy water and dried it off....Done!! I couldn't be happier with the results!! Thanks to everyone that offered their assistance!! Roy

I tried 91% alcohol to strip some resin mags that were shot with metalizer. Left them in over night and when they came out one them had turned to mush while the other one was just fine. Any ideas?

Oh yeah , they sat too long in the solvent . The 409 Method I use is failsafe . I have memory issues and tend to leave stuff in for months . Whestlies & 409 have not melted any thing yet . Shure removes paint and Mould Release . I know for a fact (experience) the Brake Fliud Soak will soften/melt resin . IMHO is makes brittle Stryene (experiance also) .