Model Cars Magazine Forum

NICE PROJECT!!!! We need details! Is it mini-tubbed? Which K frame is in it? Auto? 8 3/4" SG? Gears? I see it's a drag car, are you returning it to the street? And of course, the big question: What engine are you planning on dropping in?

My buddy Tom has a nice `68 small block/auto. It's a terror....

CarinaBDayCruise054-vi.jpg?1339426622

Thanks man. Its gona be a killer too, but just on the strip. No mini tubs, super stock springs. It has a big block k-member. It's getting a 30 over 440 with max wedge heads, Harland Sharp roller rockers, 690 lift cam, Indy single plane, 1050 Dominator, Jesel belt drive, MSD 6AL, 2 step rev limiter, 727 auto, with 3,500 stall, tranny brake, delay box, 8 3/4 rear with 4.56 gears. Also I love your forum name, the one I should have NEVER let go was a 68 340S Fastback 4-spd. But had to sell it when I started a family.

Corey

Sounds like a solid combo Corey...

My regret from youth was the Forrest Green w/ Black bucket interior '68 Fastback 383-4spd. I traded for a mint `70 Sedan de Ville. This was in `78 when they were "just old cars..."

Speaking of forum names, any reference to Dimebag is fine by me. I'm going to see Hell Yeah next Friday night out here on Long Island. I saw them with Clutch a month ago and they're back around again w/ Volbeat & Iced Earth. Can't wait....

Awesome man. Dime was and is my hero. I have a Dean Razorback that was designed by Dime. Unfortunately he never got to see a finished one, because he was supposed to get the very first one the day after he was murdered. I was also fortunate enough to meet Rex Brown with his new band KillDevilHill, and got my pic taken w him, and my guitar autographed.

Mewithrazorbackandwarlock.jpg

Meplaying.jpg

Merexbrownjdandondrya.jpg

102_05502.jpg

102_0548.jpgCorey

Yeah man that's too bad. It couldn't have happened to a friendlier, more caring person than that. He was most definitely one of a kind. That was SUCH a crappy thing too. Not just to his family and friends, but to music as a whole. He will be sorely missed for a LONG time to come. Cool pic of your buddy. I was wearing the same shirt when I got to meet Rex, and he just adored it. He was really down to earth, and humble. He lit up like a Christmas tree whe he saw me carry in my Razorback. We got to talk to him for about 20 minutes. He was REALLY checking my guitar out when he signed it, and said just seeing that guitar painted like Dime's ML Dimebolt, brought back SO many memories. I really thought he was gonna break down and cry, he was so emotional about it. Really cool guy, can't say enough good about him. He said if he had it all to do over again, he wouldv'e said something to Phil about the whole additude he had towards situation, instead of staying out of it. He said that was probably the biggest mistake he ever made was not getting involved. R.I.P. DIME

pantera3.jpg