Model Cars Magazine Forum

corvette summer

Hi guys,

My friend wants to build the corvette from a film called corvette summer.and he has asked me for some advive on what is the correct model to use.

Now ive never seen the film,and i dont know anything about corvettes!

So could somone kindly please advise me on which kit he needs to use.

Thanks in Advance,

Rich

A couple of modelers have tried this.

One used a '76 AMT Stingray..

http://www.modelcars...?showtopic=3733

Another used a '73 (the model year used for the movie car. I can't tell if the kit is really a '73, but that's how he labeled his contest build)...

http://www.hobbytalk...ad.php?t=205063

Edited by sjordan2

I think this was the film that Mark "Luke Skywalker" Hamil made after Star Wars and he crashed his own Vette and got the facial scars that show up in the next film. That is an ugly Vette though, but typical Hollywood "over the top looks over function" type movie car. Patrick

Thanks guys, guess most of those kits are not easy to Get hold of? Also the wheels.are they the same used in the dukes of hazzerd charger and revell Harley Davidson panel van?

The Tom Daniel Vette is neither easy to find nor cheap to buy if you do, but most of the '70s Vettes are easier to find.

The General Lee uses American Racing Vector wheels, while the 1/24 Monogram '55 Ford has eight-lug turbine (Hurricane was Western Wheel's name for this style IIRC) wheels, so neither would be correct. Most of the '70s Vette kits (and the MPC '67 GTO) include 5-lug turbine wheels, some all four the same depth, some in two different depths. The Monogram 1/24 '56 Bel Air (black car on box art) also has a nice set of 5-lug turbine wheels.

Thanks for all the info guys,ive sent this link to my friend and he also thanks you.

I have asked him 'søren' to join this forum,as he has some Amazing builds and start of builds.

So hopfully you will all Get to see his work soon.

Rich

Thanks for all the info guys,ive sent this link to my friend and he also thanks you.

I have asked him 'søren' to join this forum,as he has some Amazing builds and start of builds.

So hopfully you will all Get to see his work soon.

Rich

What a terrible thing to do to a Vette. IMO

It gets worse. They built 2 of them. There's the red one, plus they built a duplicate car in gold. Paint schemes are the same, other than the colors used. They did 2 of them for a plot point in the movie. After the car was "built" in the story line, it gets "stolen" (plot spoiler, the shop teacher sold it to make a quick buck). The guy that bought it "repainted" it gold.

The #2 movie car with the black interior was in a Corvette museum in Cooperstown NY about 15-20 years ago; when the guy liquidated his collection, that one went to Mike Yager(owner of Mid-America).

The Cooperstown museum was pretty cool while it lasted - he also had one of the original Deathrace 2000 'Frankenstein' Corvettes too