Model Cars Magazine Forum

Cheetah extenable

As some of you know I have already developed some trailers with CNC milled parts. The latest is a Cheetah extendable. Some photo's, at first the parts.

IMG_8422-vi.jpg

And the build model. It still has to be painted of course.

The first photo the trailer is not extended, the second is extended. Wheels are from Ertl.

IMG_8587-vi.jpgIMG_8590-vi.jpg

For more details look at my fotki.

http://public.fotki....heetah-chassis/

Thanks,

Hessel

DMTC Holland

Edited by Hessel

No doubt this is designed for the Italeri container models.

To be honest it is not. The dimensions of the Italeri trailer or wrong. If, and I say if, this is going to be a kit, I will consider changes in this design just to make the italeri containers fit. I now have plans for a tank-container as a cargo for this one.

keep you updated,

Hessel

• 3 weeks later...

Tony,

The trailer only carries 20' containers. I'm guessing the reason for the sliding axles and suspension is to keep the trailer from "hopping or bouncing" when the trailer is loaded with an empty container or empty with no container. Possibly the axles are made to slide to support the weight of the load, depending on how much cargo is in the container, same as the sliding tandams on a 48' reefer or dry van are used.

I've never heard these trailers refered to as extenable. They are not really extending, the axles/suspension just slide back and forth.

Anyone else know anything about the use of the sliding axles on these trailers?

Doug

• 1 month later...

The trailer is 99% ready now. I've painted it yellow as you can see. Red and white are just tape from an electrician. Rear lights are from AMT. Mudguards are paper with plastic tape on it. Sprayed with mat lacquer makes the right thing.

Hessel

IMG_8817-vi.jpgIMG_8818-vi.jpg

IMG_8824-vi.jpgIMG_8823-vi.jpg