Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ecto 1

martinfan5

I picked up the wheels and tires this weekend at the club meeting, I have to thank Raoul and Danno for the wheels and tires, Raoul had the kit, and Danno played the middle man and got the kit for me from Raoul . I am using the wheels tires from Monograms 59 caddy convertible kit.

g2-1.jpg

And here is the roof rack , getting closer to being finished .

g1-1.jpg

Looking good Martinfan5. i've been following your build to see the corrections for Ecto 1.

I got the Ecto 2 And made it look like it went to hell and back.

mean. it needs a story to go with it, like the GB's being sucked through a portal. (you could show this by having a portal in the back ground).

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-Na4deEGFcwE/T0mYmxzt18I/AAAAAAAABqI/rqzjUwQtre0/s1600/portal.jpg

Thanks guys, no update , I had to go the LHS and get some square tubing to make the ladder .

Looks great! You can bet I'll be referring to your build when I crack into mine.

Thanks for posting the pics.

David G.

David, here is what I have been using for this build, very very useful. There are 14 pages of pics on that restored Ecto 1

http://www.gbfans.com/equipment/reference/31/

I got back to work on this one, I finally tinted the windows, not happy with how it tuned out, but it will do, I used Tamiya clear smoke.

g1-4.jpg

Here is the interior, I did not do a lot, you wont be able to see it after is put in the body

g2-3.jpg

And here is the body,chassis, interior as one

g3-1.jpg

Edited by martinfan5

I have heard people having problems with Tamyia's clear smoke, but I none of the LHS sells the Moder Master/ Testors window tint paint. The passenger side is fine, but the drivers side got messed up, its foggy, dont know what happened.

Getting close to finishing this one up, still have to put the rear lightbar on, finish one part for the roof rack, I need to extend the hose's that are on the left side, and small things.

Here is another small update, all that I did was get the rear lightbar on, and the wip antenna, I cut off the antenna just above the spring, and used some craft wire in its place, but I cut to much off, so it looks funny. And I notice while taking the pics, that the rear lightbar is not level, ooopppss. And I put the white dome on the roof rack, It still needs some work.

g1-5.jpg

g2-4.jpg