Model Cars Magazine Forum

Summer Time When the Surfin's Easy & The BBQs are Smokin'

Dr. Cranky

Feeling a bit nostalgic this year about being away from the West Coast now for almost 25 years of my life, away from the car scene I grew up in and the surfin' scene in Southern Cal, so I am thinking a thread where we can post all things SUMMER would be cool.

Of course, bring on the models, in particular those of you who've done surfing vehicles, but it could also include Dioramas, etc . . .

Can you smell those burgers cooking? It's time to get tanned driving around that topless jalopy on the way to and from the beach . . .

IMG_2171-vi.jpg

IMG_2184-vi.jpg

IMG_0030-vi.jpg

This should be a great thread, Doc! Hopefully it'll bring out some great woodies. I have one near completion & one on the drawing board. Surely there are more woodie fans out there?

Edited by Bartster

Feeling a bit nostalgic this year about being away from the West Coast now for almost 25 years of my life, away from the car scene I grew up in and the surfin' scene in Southern Cal, so I am thinking a thread where we can post all things SUMMER would be cool.

Of course, bring on the models, in particular those of you who've done surfing vehicles, but it could also include Dioramas, etc . . .

Can you smell those burgers cooking? It's time to get tanned driving around that topless jalopy on the way to and from the beach . . .

IMG_2171-vi.jpg

IMG_2184-vi.jpg

IMG_0030-vi.jpg

Allright Doc, WHERE DID YOU GET THOSE FIGURES???????????????????????????

Looking good.

What's up with the paint on that Charger Junior? I've built a '68 which has cracked under the clear and looks similar!

And while you're all enjoying summer bear us in mind down here please as we slide into winter.

13 degrees C today but it appears to have stopped raining. Strangly identical to Londons current summer weather...

I had thought of making my 39 Sports Wagon a surfin wagon. That will be another version. My mate in Australia made these surfboards for me.

post-5771-0-82902400-1339087626_thumb.jp

They are in transit right now.

I am a Kansas City Barbeque Society certified contest judge. Tomorrow I go on safari to judge, and eat, BBQ Friday and Saturday.

Edited by wisdonm