Model Cars Magazine Forum

Another one 56 ford

Dirty Gringo

After seeing everyone else building these I thought I would "start" one probably never finish like everything else but what the heck. Was going to try make like a 60s custom but not sure what I will do yet. cut everything open and shaved all trim, slight chop suicide doors and molded part of hood in

82c60e96.jpg447e3183.jpg

fc6b1671.jpg50f812d7.jpg

Ok so there is a rough idea where might be going with this. Also need some input on should I just fill in the whole gap between hood and grill or leave it kinda open? Guessing will end up filling it all in but wanted some input

Edited by Dirty Gringo

I would fill in the gap..the new opening is the pancake ..

not filling in the gap would take away from the grill opening.

Just my two cents..and pls don't put it on the back burner.

James aka Joker

oh..blushing :lol: ..I didn't know I could inspire...LOL

Few more updates started interior be kind its first attempt at using styrene but looks alright I hope. Also went ahead and shaved hood ornament and started filling in the gap also going to use the all chrome motor I found in a t bird kit that might change but for now its whats the power plant will bef9a32eda.jpg94bab660.jpg46d6d3db.jpg

This is coming along nicely, you do some great work! I like the body modifications, rear fenders from Impala look good and like the front end also. Good job, keep it going.

And to answer your question, yes, I would fill it.