Model Cars Magazine Forum

69 Camaro "Mild custom"

sdangers

Hey all

My first project on this great forum - a 69 Camaro. Already started this one and have completed the mods on the body - integrated rear spoiler, cleaned front and rear bumper, side vent´s instead of the small inlets and a complete changed hood with a LOT of air inlets - but see for yourselves

P1140465.jpg

P1140466.jpg

These are the wheels i´m gonna use - got them from the Revell Chevelle kit

P1140472.jpg

I´ve also started the engine (which i will try to build with a modern electronic fuel injection system from a corvette) and the interior, but pictures will have to wait until there is something more to show.

Hope You find the idea interesting. Thanks for looking ;)

Soren

Hey guys

Well, things do not always go as they should - it got primer and went okay, but then problems started - raised paint here and there - especially the hood had problems !!!

Don´t know what happened - both primer and paint were of the same brand.

Well okay, Did give it a bath in breakfluid and all paint came off again - but now i had to do some putty and sanding again - now it´s waiting for things to dry up again

P6090673.jpg

P6090675.jpg

P6090674.jpg

P6090676.jpg

took a picture for You to show the build up of the hood from the downside

P6090677.jpg

Also got the alloys stripped for chrome - haven´t decided whether to paint them body colour or to rechrome them with Alclad yet ???

P6090678.jpg

AND i got started with the interior(which will be pretty much stock).

P6090679.jpg

I´ll be back soon with news on the 2nd try for painting :blink:

Soren

• 1 month later...

Hey everyone

Finally got some more done to the camaro - it was painted :D - and this time it went well.

While getting ready for paint, i decided NOT to go for the orange and black look - maybe because it has been used too many times already - but instead go for some less colourful. But regarding my choise of colour, i´ll just let the pictures do the talking - hope You like it

IMAG0077.jpg

IMAG0080.jpg

IMAG0078.jpg

Next up will be some black pinstriping to seperate the light and dark colour and then some clear coating.

Thanks for looking.

Cheers

Soren

I'm glad you decided to go with this color combination. It's different enough to get noticed without being garish, and the black pinstripes will complement the two greys perfectly.

You've obviously put some time and effort into that hood. Anything special going under it?

As far as painting the wheels, I'd suggest Alclad polished aluminum. Not quite as shiny as chrome, but subtle, like the rest of the car.

I'm liking this concept & can't wait for your next installment.

• 5 months later...

Oh my god - i had to go a looooong way back to find this one again. Guess i´m not the mosf frequent updating guy.

Well - i¨m back with this one - mostly because i have a little time now during the christmas holiday B)

Okay, here´s the update on this one. Did manage to finish the shiny part of the paintjob, and just managed to give it the first layer of clear

SAM_0059_zpsca49affb.jpg

I´ve done the wheels in the same paint scheme as this is supposed to be a "non chrome" custom

SAM_0064_zps043f2560.jpg

Even the interior got some of the same colours - only diffeence - these are satin colours

SAM_0066_zpsd9368cb3.jpg

The engine - tried some clear with sparkles in on the red part - but does not look like much when taking pictures

SAM_0061_zps49ab9003.jpg

and finally - engine testfitted on the chassis that was sprayed satin black - will get a few red elements aswell

SAM_0067_zpsc6808620.jpg

So, thats all for now. Sorry about the late update - next one will be sooner - promised :lol:

Cheers

Søren