Model Cars Magazine Forum

Chaparral 2J (scratchbuilt)

Dave B

Built this one many years ago using the plans in MRRN. I used 0.010", 0.025", 0.040" styrene & 0.040" aluminium sheet. Decals are by Fred Cady. I have recently bought a Fisher Model & Pattern Chaparral 2F so I copied a set of fronts for the 2J. These have now replaced the Cox Chaparral 2 rear slot car wheels I previously used. Dash board is a little crowded but I'm loathe to pull it apart now, think I will have to live with it.

IMG_2321.jpg

IMG_2328.jpg

IMG_2325.jpg

IMG_2324.jpg

IMG_2323.jpg

IMG_2327.jpg

Tks for looking

Dave B

Edited by Bantoft

Ok you added a few extra gauges, heck I'll forgive ya!

Tks guys, comments greatly appreciated. Ed, I thought I counted the guages & got the quantity right, depending on the pic. Problem is they are a little large. The correct front wheels was 'take 2' in correcting 'minor' issues. Who knows, when I retire (shortly!!) I may fix the dash.

Tks again

Dave B

What a fantastic job of scratchbuilding! I've been a fan of this car since seeing it at Laguna Seca. Love the lexan skirts, i dont recall ever havng seen this important detail of the ( very few ) of these I've seen modeled. :lol:

Beautiful. You just didn't want to get behind one on the track. While those fans did an awesome job of epoxying the car to the road, they also had a bad habit of spitting out rocks, dirt, dead armadillos and anything else in its path right into the face of whoever was behind it. So, the SCCA banned it after a season.

Edited by Harold