Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hi guys im new just found this place. Wow talk about some great ideas for me. This is what i race here in OZ. It is a 1967 XR Ford Fairmont. Runs a 387 Cleveland full manual C4 3,500 stall thick wall tail shaft and 4:88.1 9" rear. Wheels are the good old Centerline Autodrag. 5.5 fronts with 165s and the rears are 8.5 with 275/60/15 best time to date is 10.40 @ 132mph on the bottle and 10.90 aspirated.

100_0875.jpg

102_3232.jpg

IMG_2979.jpg

100_2113.jpg

100_0540.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Nice Falcon!

Much nicer than mine

100_3802.jpg

I had the same thoughts about a cage. My brother destroyed a 64 Plymouth Max Wedge in 1968 when a tie rod end broke in the lights at Lions Drag Strip. His time slip said "11.27 @ 127mph". Left turn into the guard rail from the right lane before getting center-punched by his competitor. He was mighty glad to have had a 4-point roll bar in it.

• 2 weeks later...

Very nice car. I had a '68 Falcon with 351 Cleveland, Holley double-pumper, and manual body C4. Same big and little Centerlines too, but no bottle. Mine was dark blue with black Mustang interior. It was a sweet little car, and I can't find a single picture of it now. Thanks for sharing yours.