Model Cars Magazine Forum

2 seat Trantula

crazyjim

I don't know, Jim. I have at least 1 Corvair engine. It's all chrome and I was planning it for the Manx kit. I need to try and find pics of hot rod Corvair engines.

There are lots of pics of Corvair engines available online. And if you asked me real nice-like, I could probably scare up a Corvair engine to send your way. After all, what are friends for? I always like to see more Corvair models (and as in this case, Corvair-powered models) on here. :)

Thanks, David G. A 4 seater? Gotta see that one.

Thank you David H. The ribbon goes on all my builds. I was "in country '69 & '70 with the Marines. WELCOME HOME, BROTHER.

I have an all chrome Corvair engine, Jim. Thank you for the offer. My problem so far is finding pics. I googled "hot rod corvair engines" and found only 1 pic that shows what looks like a Hilborn type fuel injection set up. All the other info was to buy a book. Talk on a Corvair forum said the best is a single 4 barrel. I'd like to something a little more exotic since it'll sitting out in the open.

Thanks, David G. A 4 seater? Gotta see that one.

Thank you David H. The ribbon goes on all my builds. I was "in country '69 & '70 with the Marines. WELCOME HOME, BROTHER.

I have an all chrome Corvair engine, Jim. Thank you for the offer. My problem so far is finding pics. I googled "hot rod corvair engines" and found only 1 pic that shows what looks like a Hilborn type fuel injection set up. All the other info was to buy a book. Talk on a Corvair forum said the best is a single 4 barrel. I'd like to something a little more exotic since it'll sitting out in the open.

Ask, and ye shall receive! How about one with a 4-71 style blower? I'm building a similar setup for a ficticious 1960's-style Corvair dragster model for the Vintage Racing CBP:

BlownEarly1.jpg

6-71Blown64MonzaSpyder.jpg

BlownEarly2.jpg

If you have any questions regarding Corvair engines, you know where to find me!

hey C.J. are the ribbons painted or decals ? I was in the ARMY with the 25th. at Cu Chi and WELCOME HOME TO YOU TOO ,BROTHER.

Neither. I make them in Corel Draw and print on shiny photo paper.

That 4 seater is going to be wild and I can't wait to see more.

Thanks, Russ. Thanks some trades, I have enough Trantula bodies to build at least a couple more.

Thanks for those pics, Jim. I would never have believed a big blower like that on a Corvair.