Model Cars Magazine Forum

Honda S2000 with F20C inside

backyardinc

HELLO ALL ..............

HERE it is , my s2000 is done . didnt take to long on this build which is a good thing lol . I was undecided on the route to take . i know i wanted to put an f20c in it fo sho . I saw sheepeys s2000 and i bought some rims that look like CCW's , so i went that route to replicate his s2000 , mainly i wanted to replicate his turbo setup .... he has the AP2 version body , while this model car is the AP1 version .. heres a list of some stuff i used or made ;

~ engine bay scratch built using styrene

~f20c from model scientists

~scratch built turbo setup , using styrene ,milliput , plastic from sprue tree

~used grand national pulley/belt setup

~used grand national alternator and tensioner

~revell rsx pump for water pump

~billet aluminum bits for the oil cap

~scratch built front mount intercooler , i used detail master radiator screen

~cusco roll bar , used styrene tubes

~detail master flock for interior

~tamiya smoke paint to tint the windows

~tamiya GT2 rims ( CCW's )

~aoshima stretch tires

~tamiya GT2 front brakes

~milliput front lip , and side strake

~air jacks , made with styrene

~weathered the chassis

~dupli color perfect match primer and paint

~testors wet look clear coat

~metal tipped muffler tips

~ if i missed anything sorry , lots to list >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

>>>> UPDATED WITH OUTDOOR PICTURES TODAY ...........

THESHOOOT020.jpg

THESHOOOT021.jpg

THESHOOOT028.jpg

THESHOOOT043.jpg

THESHOOOT023.jpg

THESHOOOT018.jpg

Edited by backyardinc

i have more pictures but it keeps adding them to first post.......ill try again later............. first time on this forum , i have been a builder since 1994 , hope to meet new people and learn new things ... I didnt see a intro section , so HI EVERYONE !

I have to admit the Honda S2000 is one car I've always liked. I've thought once the kids go on to college or the PT dies, I'd get a Miata. After checking the price on these, in four or five years, they'll be a great bargain. I'd love to have one in 1:1 scale just like your build although I'd like the roll bars in either black or chrome oh......and left hand drive. :)

^^ thanks everyone.... Hey felix , this is a tamiya s2000 kit ... Engine is from modelscientists, engine bay scratch built ... Tryna see if I can get some time to post more completed builds , everyone here is very kool and down to earth .....

That is a seriously good looking model. Usually when someone lists the mods or add ons on a build I'm like, "yeah, yeah, I can see the changes." But I'll bet a good portion of us here wouldn't be the wiser if you said it was box stock, so thanks for pointing out the good stuff. All your mods look very realistic and the paint looks great. Well done.

That is a seriously good looking model. Usually when someone lists the mods or add ons on a build I'm like, "yeah, yeah, I can see the changes." But I'll bet a good portion of us here wouldn't be the wiser if you said it was box stock, so thanks for pointing out the good stuff. All your mods look very realistic and the paint looks great. Well done.

^ hehehe , thanks , thats a great compliment there .... the real car doesnt have much either , but the owner of the real car goes for the engine detail and power , thats what he is known for ..... im still learning , just trying to keep building and learn new techniques.....