Model Cars Magazine Forum

starsky and hutch?

MCW makes a '76 Torino that can be used to make an S&H car. You use a Revell 70 Torino for the running gear (yes, it's technically inaccurate as the '76 was body on frame while the 70 was unibody, but it's close enough for me).

You're on your own with painting that stripe, though, I don't think they provide a decal for it and in years of searching I've yet to find a template for masking it off.

It really is beyond time the S&H car was kitted in plastic. AMT made a 1/18 scale diecast of it a few years ago, so I guess we can wish for it someday.

Edited by Merkur XR4Ti

You're on your own with painting that stripe, though, I don't think they provide a decal for it and in years of searching I've yet to find a template for masking it off.

i got a template off a guy from the scale auto forum who used it to stripe his own model. if i think of it, i'll arrange to get it to you. (PDF).

That would be fantastic, and very much appreciated! Thanks!

I requested one ( PDF ) from him and never got it. I didn't request it a second time (made my own ).

I did finally get it.

Didn't know Blue Oval was making one. When did it come out?

Edited by 1zebra3