Model Cars Magazine Forum

What Kind of Paint Do You Use and Why?

Right now, I'm on my first build in over 50 years and using Testors and Model Master enamel with a Badger Patriot 105 airbrush. Seems to be going OK but I wonder what everyone else is using and why. Is it enamel, lacquer, aqueous acrylic lacquer, petroleum based acrylic enamel and which brands do you prefer? TIA

Right now, I'm on my first build in over 50 years and using Testors and Model Master enamel with a Badger Patriot 105 airbrush. Seems to be going OK but I wonder what everyone else is using and why. Is it enamel, lacquer, aqueous acrylic lacquer, petroleum based acrylic enamel and which brands do you prefer? TIA

first off "Hi Neighbor" I use Duplicolor lacquer or Testors 1 coat

I'm not stuck on any particular brand, or type of paint. It's the color I am after, and I just learned to adapt my painting to whatever type/brand of paint it takes to get a particular color.

Art

I prefer Tamiya laquers over anything else out there. Though right now, they are getting hard to find in certain colors. I also like Model Masters and Dupli Color laquers. I've pretty much given up painting with enamels because it takes so long to cure. Laquers are very user friendly and dry very quickly. Enamels don't even begin to compare with laquer paints IMO.