Model Cars Magazine Forum

Mouse Rod Linked to Fotki 7/7/17

Foxer

This was build for Dr Cranky's Post Apocalypse/Zombie Hunter Community build. My work in process is in with the amazingly creative builds there. Do visit there if you haven't!

The body for this was a computer mouse cover I have saved to be used for a hot rod just waiting for the right time .. this was it! The chassis and engine came from a glue bombed MPC Skorpion kit I acquired somewhere. Some trimming of the floor pan and it fit the mouse like it was made for it.

Most rod Start DSC 0610

mouse x  DSC 0612

The gun I made from scratch using a Browning M1719 machine gun as a prototype.

M1719 DSC 0625

Final Mouse Rod DSC 0730

Edited by Foxer

Very cool. I'm not big into the zombie hunter/rat rod/post apocolyptic look, but the concept and execution is great. I've considered doing a mouse car, but never quite figured out how to pull it off. "Back to the drawing board", he says while eyeballing his mouse....

Nice job!

Edited by SSNJim

Thanks for all the overwhelming comments!

And to think, I'm the most non-Zombie person in the world ... I don't think I've sat through one Zombie movie in my life ... I avoid them like Zombies! :) This just shows how much fun we ARE having in the Zombie Hunter build!!!!

I made a small diorama on the base of a plastic display case using Berkshire Mountains dirt and stones. A few Silflor weeds and we have a bit more believable base.

I do keep seeing little touches I could add ... yes, Zombie blood stains on the front blade!

I also wanted to add some text decal on the two side buttons but nothing has come to mind yet. I'd love some ideas. :)

(newer photos with blood and decals added during Fotki update)

Mouse PhotoDSC 0982

Mouse Photo DSC 0969

Mouse PhotoDSC 0970

Mouse PhotoDSC 0973

Mouse PhotoDSC 0974

Mouse PhotoDSC 0975

Mouse PhotoDSC 0976

Mouse PhotoDSC 0977

Mouse PhotoDSC 0978

Mouse PhotoDSC 0981

Mouse Photo DSC 0984

Mouse Photo DSC 0985

slice-dice DSC 0758

Edited by Foxer

Now that is just way to cool and extremely imaginative. I really like all the details and you nailed the look, the intake and scoop look spot on and the gun is a work of art. Great pictures to capture all the details. I love this build.

edit: looks even better sitting on the base, awesome work Mike.

Edited by krazyglu