Model Cars Magazine Forum

1962 chevy bel air kustom

backyardinc

heres my amt/ertl 1962 chevy bel air ....... had this build going on for a long time . I shaved all moldings on body and hood . cut the trunk open to add some audio back there . Custom audio set-up in place of rear seats . I used a hoppin hydros resin center console , camaro seats for the front , added armrest on the front door panels along with speakers , steering wheel from a diecast model ... resin hoppin hydro tv.....engine i used the revell engine pack , forgot which motor thou , this was my longest project EVER ! ....shaved the firewall , fender wells , to get that simple look.... resin air filter with photo etching........ lowered car by customizing front spindle and slamming rear diff..... nascar exhuast , BLACK CHROME parts , used dupli color shadow kit spray cans......added distributor with wires , forgot brand also........thats all for now.............

vipgress1020.jpg

vipgress1015.jpg

vipgress1023.jpg

vipgress1022.jpg

vipgress1021.jpg

vipgress1025.jpg

Very cool. I like it. I'm not surprised it took you a while. It looks like a lot of work went into this model.

^ thank you , your the second person that told me that ....

that's nice ! do you have a build thread for it. i like that speaker set up. B)

^thank you , i pm'ed you the build thread

^ thanks everyone .... Hey scott , I used a spray kit from dupli color ,called shadow .... Its two parts , the shadow can which is transparent black , that you shoot over anything chrome , then special clearcoat that seals it and makes it more durable and shiny.... All I did was clean any chrome parts with dish deteregent and warm water , dried the parts good , then sprayed , the more coats you add , the darker the shade ..... Its pricey , but what isn't now a days lol ...

^ thanks everyone .... Hey scott , I used a spray kit from dupli color ,called shadow .... Its two parts , the shadow can which is transparent black , that you shoot over anything chrome , then special clearcoat that seals it and makes it more durable and shiny.... All I did was clean any chrome parts with dish deteregent and warm water , dried the parts good , then sprayed , the more coats you add , the darker the shade ..... Its pricey , but what isn't now a days lol ...

Thanks a million for the info!