Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hot Wheels

'08SEAL

Hoe many of you guys collect Hot Wheels, Matchbox, etc.? If any I collect Fords of Hot Wheels or Matchbox. I am searching for a 2011 Ford Mustang Boss 302 Laguna Seca. I will also collect any Fords on I find. How many of you guys collect hot wheels?

I have a giant tub full of Hotwheels and Matchbox cars. I'm not buying them as an investment so I open all of them right away. I especially like the newer Hotwheels that look like real cars, I was never a big fan of all the crazy things they did in the past. I also have all of the Hotwheels Monster Jam trucks up until a few years ago when they made the wheels too big and out of scale. I also am re-collecting all of the Matchbox monster trucks I had when I was a kid, I probably have 75% of the Super Chargers and Mud Slingers that were released. I also get Matchbox semi trucks when I can, I loved them as a kid and wanted to be a truck driver because fo them. I have a problem.

I have a few hot wheels, some T/Hunts. I got in to the johnny lightnings 1/64, have a little over 300 of them.Most of them our full sets of 6 and 12 cars in the set and are the first round in the series. All still sealed. If any one is into johhny lightnings I would trade for some model kits. drop me a email under subject line 1/64 jL, and I will see what we can work out. Thanks. Joseph @ sept2955@aol.com

About ten years ago now Hot Wheels finally did my favorite muscle car, the '67 Dodge Charger. I bought that first one and have been collecting them ever since, every time it comes out with a new paint job. And yeah, I take them out of the blister pack. I have these in my cubilcle at work. I'm always on the lookout for ones I don't have yet.

2012-06-15173704.jpg

Edited by Jantrix

I have several however I don't collect Hot Wheels per se I collect Cobra's a lot of which happen to be Hot Wheels and Johnny Lightning amoung others.

I'm the same , only mini's instead of Cobra's . I don't really care what form , scale or brand the model is , just that it's a mini :D

I collect old matchboxes and any hotwheel that catches my eye. I usually have some intent of making resin copies to turn into slot cars. I also enjoy restoring them as mini modeling projects. I love finding an old matchbox at a tag sale that i wished I had when I was a kid and bringing it back to new.

I don't actually collect them but,

I have 2 climate controlled warehouses packed and stacked to the ceiling, part of the garage and two closets completely full.

CadillacPat

What do you call it if not collectiig ? : )

I'm the same , only mini's instead of Cobra's . I don't really care what form , scale or brand the model is , just that it's a mini :D

How many Mini's have you collected so far ? You collect the old style as well as the new ?

They are currently all boxed up in tubs from moving , but I have just over 750 litres of mini's if that counts :D Last I counted them was about 4 years ago and there was 860ish then . 98% of them are classic mini's (real mini's :P ) but there are also some new mini and moke models , they range from original matchbox/corgi/dinky/spot on/etc models from the early 60's up to latest releases and custom made models (have a carved wood and carved stone mini from the Solomon Islands ) , whatever I can get my hands on basically .

I used to but I have sold off most of them, at one maybe 1500+ and now maybe 100 that I really like but my wife has a very large collection of VW's in JL's, HW's, MB's and everything in between and she still collects them.

These are my favorite ones I have.

DSCF1340.jpg

• 8 years later...

I collect mainly 1:64 (in truth between 1:50 to 1:80) sportscars, concept- and showcars, coupes, cabriolets, nobel cars (Rolls Royce, Bentley, Cadillac...) some racecars (F-1, Can-Am, Groupe cars) and  some 1:24 from the same categories. I like to restaurate the havy playworn ones and "customize" mainly by painting/decaling. Few times I modify some of tham to more realistic. The collection is near to 3000 pc and have only few duplicates. There are items from 90+ manufacturers -  of course Hotwheels, Matchbox etc.

On the other hand I made models  in 1:75 scale (first curved from wood later "built" from plastic/resin/metal/rubber parts together)  which ones were not manufactured by toy/model maker companies. My last work and the first in 1:24 scale is the Lamborghini Marzal. (check out Under Glass:  WOLOMOPRO - World Longest Modeling Project)

Edited by caapa

I got back into it 25 years ago when my oldest was born but it tailed off when Hot Wheels started making weirder and weirder designs.  I am a fan of Matchbox but it's a shame that all the major retailers around here stock very little of them.  I have M2's and Greenlight's as well.

I don't 'collect' but buy 1) what I would own in 1:1   2) to customize    3) know we'll never see in 1/24 or 1/25 kit form

I have a bunch of 1/64s.  THey are so easy to buy.   I also have a big bunch of RCCA 64 Galaxies and some 62?  Pontiacs from RCCA.  really need to sell them off.  I have unopened Hot Wheels stashed everywhere it seems.   Hot Wheels collector sets.  Just everywhere I turn.