Model Cars Magazine Forum

"Hey Inspector Callahan ! Why we chose the avatar we use!"

Mine is the Mini-Trac , it's actually a gif of the video I was given Wilkes_Mini65-new.gif but Harry can't make it work here as an avatar .

The Mini-Trac was an Australian modified mini that was trialed in Antarctica in 1965 , photo's of it kept popping up on mini forums with all manner of misinformation about it (photoshopped , was a mockup , was an Eastern European thing on a light tank chassis etc) so I started digging and ended up finding the guy who built it and people who saw it in Antarctica . One of them had some film on super 8 that he kindly converted to video for me and allowed it to be shared .

I was fortunate enough to have a 4 page article published on it iin an Australian magazine and am still trying to find it (or it's remains) , the last reliable sighting was in 1968 when it was used to recover the body of a skier who died from injuries on the slopes at Mount Hotham in Victoria .