Model Cars Magazine Forum

Toyota 7 (Japanese Can Am car)

Dave B

I was lucky enough to have a mate of mine pick up this along with a Nissan R382 Gp 7 car for me. Both are old motorised kits manufactured by Otaki but build in to reasonable models. I had to make the wheel centres for the Toyota as it came with the Nissan wheels, cheaper to manufacture that way I guess. I scratch built one centre, moulded it and then cast 4. I cut out the incorrect wheel centre and epoxied these into place. The decals were ###### so my same mate that found the kits for me also made me the decals (thanks again Phil K). Finished in auto acrylic pure white & a home mixed dark blue, clear coated & polished out.

IMG_2336.jpg

IMG_2330.jpg

IMG_2331.jpg

IMG_2332.jpg

IMG_2335.jpg

Tks for looking

Dave B

Tks guys, appreciate the comments.

Ed - Don't have a rear end pic at the moment. Basic rear suspension, exhaust pipes & out of scale gearbox that I shortened & added a cast Fujimi Ford GT Mk11 to the end. Will take a pic next weekend & post.

Bob - Scale is 1/24th. Pretty accurate body wise but interior, motor etc not that good as it allows for batteries, electric motor, gears, etc.

Dave B