Model Cars Magazine Forum

69 DODGE CHARGER "PRO TOURING"

bryan_m

ok guys, i know you are all getting used to seeing me do rusty crusty slammed on the ground ratrods and the like, but it has been so long since i have done anything shiney, so i am gonna give it a shot!

im starting with the R/M 69 dodge charger r/t, im adding a ross gibson 426 hemi, and i am gonna scratchbuild this cold air intake for it.....

mopp_0712_05_z1969_dodge_charger_pro_touringengine_bay.jpg

im also lowering it , not too low though, just enuff to tuck the wheels/tires in nicely. it will be triple black, black interior, vinyl top, and chrysler PX8 will be the paint..........hopefully all goes well with the painting process!

thanks for reading, wish me luck! LOL

cheers

bryan

Edited by bryan_m

I cut open the trunk lid with the back of a #11 blade and cleaned the edges just a bit. they will have to be thinned out alot.......

aa1001.jpg

aa1002.jpg

i seperated the rear tail light panel and bumper filler into two pieces, and mounted the taillight panel in place, the trunk jamb needs to be even with the top of it.

aa1005.jpg

aa1003.jpg

now its time to make the rest of the jamb.

thanks for looking, so far, so good! LOL

cheers

bryan

Thanks Bart!

i got the jamb done, well the rain trough anyways.....i have to thin the inner edge of the trunklid now so the gasket will fit. ill make one from half round styrene..

i filled the opening with a solid piece of styrene, then cut out the shape i wanted.

aa2001.jpg

after some filing, sanding, and grinding i got this....

aa2002.jpg

aa2003.jpg

i had to remove the tail light panel from the body after i glued it in because, its almost impossible to get the frame in there if you have the panel in place! bummer :blink::wacko:

more to come, as always thanks for lookin everyone!

cheers

bryan

i added the upright piece to the rain gutter, now all i have to do is thin it out. im gonna make the gasket from some very thin tubing i have instead of using half round styrene..

one last shot for now.

aa3001.jpg

more to come later, stay tuned!

thanks for lookin

cheers

bryan

MR.Mike was the main inspiration for this project, thanks mike! he builds such cool mopars.

then i found this one on the net........

mopp_0712_01_z1969_dodge_charger_pro_touringfront.jpg

mopp_0712_18_z1969_dodge_charger_pro_touringrear.jpg

and heres that way cool cold air intake, im gonna scratchbuild it as well.....

mopp_0712_05_z1969_dodge_charger_pro_touringengine_bay-1.jpg

mopp_0712_13_z1969_dodge_charger_pro_touringengine_bay-1.jpg

i have these wheels in my stash somewhere........i think, if not ill find something cool, lower the suspension, tub the rear out a little bit. mine will be sitting low, not raised like this one is in the rear. its still a way cool car tho!

more to come

bryan

Well Bryan, you are off and running! I like the progress you are making with opening the trunk. I am looking forward to more on this pro-touring Charger and I am happy to be an inspiration! Keep up the good work my friend!