Model Cars Magazine Forum

69 DODGE CHARGER "PRO TOURING"

bryan_m

i think its time for a little nap.......its been a long time since i pulled an all nighter at the workbench.......ill be ready to clear this thing when i get up.

as always thanks for lookin guys, and your comments and suggestions are appreciated.

good nite! -_- -_- ZZzzZZZZzzzZZ..........

bryan

Sleek, lowdown, big and oh so sexy! I can't wait to see the finish! My dad had a 69 Charger, back when I was knee high to a grasshopper. I have always been fond of this body style. I'm watchin' and enjoyin' what I'm seein'!.....This one will be one sweet ride! Keep on truckin'.....

thanks guys!

im back at it this morning....after an all nighter at the bench i am still feelin good, so i think i am gonna shoot some clear on this body before it starts raining today.

thanks again

stay tuned

bryan

ok gentlemen, 40 minutes later it is cleared! ill let you be the judges.

clear99001.jpg

clear99005.jpg

clear99003.jpg

clear99002.jpg

the temp and humidity must have been just right, cause the clear laid down like glass! i got one little dirt nib in it, and a teeny tiny drop of water, but they will sand out im sure...im happy with the results. i have lost 80 percent of the vinyl top detail, so ill have to figure out what to use to put the texture back on it......

thats all for now, i am beat for sure. need a nice long nap!

thanks for lookin guys, and i appreciate the comments.

cheers

bryan

thank you for the kind words guys! i actually detailed a car today (1:1) and i just got done.....now i have to wash clothes! bummer!

the clear is duplicolor acrylic lacquer, as is the metallic black, the silver and the red paint.......the conditions were just right this morning to shoot this puppy, and im really happy with the way it looks. Yes i am gonna "scuff n buff" it.....ill sand it flat and polish it out....it will be even more shiney!

its been a very long time since i have done shiney, now i gotta do the rest of the small body parts, and get them all shot with paint.

thats all for now, i am very tired, and worn out from workin, i might hit the bench later, but dont hold your breath............LOL

thanks again guys

cheers

bryan

Byran, That car is looking killer ! That will be one sinister ride. Can't wait to see it finished.

thanks Ray, i really wanna work on it some more tonight, but i am totally fried tonight. it would be nice to at least get the wheels painted, and maybe get the rest of the body parts in primer......i dunno, maybe ill do somethin`

thanks

bryan