Model Cars Magazine Forum

1974 Pontiac Le Mans

I'm looking for a '74 Le Mans or the closest thing I can find that I might be able to convert into something stock looking. I've not had a lot of luck with my search and I'm guessing it's probably a long shot. I would even consider a promo if someone might be able to steer me in the right direction.

This is what I would like to end up building if any one can help me get the ball rolling.

IMG_20120617_205115.jpg

Dont know the year but there was a 1/32 pontiac grandprix or grand am

I think Lindberg made both a Grand Prix and Grand Am in their 1/32 scale line of Mini Lindys. Someone posted the Grand Prix in "Under Glass" last week.

The only bi-scale '73 Grand Am I know of is the one built by Juha Airio a decade(?) ago and featured in Car Modeler magazine. I know he has mastered a few resin kits for AirTrax in Europe, but I don't think they did a resin kit of the Grand Am.

There is a 77' or 76' in resin already. Same body as the 74'.

Shown here in a past topic maybe about 9 months ago. I beleive it's casted by RMR resin or Frontier Resins. I could be mistaken on the company name, but it is currently available. The caster is a board member here.

Thanks a lot. That brings the hope level up a notch or two.

This link to a thread from here isn't boosting my confidence in Frontier Resin Design. Even if they are the only people who have what I'm looking for.

http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=6130&st=0

Edited by hotrodblder

That style of LeMans is cast by RMR resins. It's actually a Can Am coupe, and it looks pretty good after a little TLC. It doesn't FALL together, but with some patience an good refrence pics it builds into a pretty good lookin kit. Oh yeah, it's pretty complete, you add a motor, wheels an tires , an your good to go. HTH :D;)

Yeah, Casey, thanks. I saw those. The nose IS pretty square and the rear end would need to be redone, too. The tail lights run north & south, not east & west.

BUT on the lighter side, I was setting here typing this out and looking at my references at the same time....

I don't think it would be that hard to do if I had a '65 Gto grille, and a pair of '72 Gto head lights for the front and who knows what for the rear end. I guess I'll have to figure it out when the time comes.

I went to the Resin Motor Replica site and was not able to find the Can Am kit available.