Model Cars Magazine Forum

new 1/16 scale engine kit

Hey Guys; Been a while! Just wanted to let you all know I am finally getting some new work done. Been working on my new "Michigan 6" engine in 1/16 scale....this is the engine that I used in the "longhorn" truck a couple years ago. The engine is patterned from the Italeri peterbilt engine; but I have expanded the details over what the 1/24 engine offered. Many of the small bits that were molded into the engine block are separate parts....Sorry I don't have any pix to post yet; will try to get some up in the next couple days. It looks like the parts count will be around 50 pieces; which is up from the last engine I did. This engine will also feature an included intercooler & piping for top inlet/outlet for the intercooler. I expect to have this unit ready sometime in August.................Matt

William; I am thinking this version will be much better than the original one off; I am about 50 hours into it now; and I am very happy with results thus far...it takes a lot more time to engineer an engine kit that is "castable"; as all of the attachment points and such have to be considered, as well as making each component in a fashion suitable for the type of kit thickness castings I like to do.... No set price yet for the complete engine kit...this one will include the same transmission as the yellow 6 initially; and soon after I will option the allison styled automatic to the kit.................I am only planning on doing 25 of these on the initial casting run; with another 25 at a later date .Matt

Edited by Casey

whats the price on it cause i would like to buy one. I had talked to you one time before and you were talking about making it and i would love to get 1 or 2 because i liked it when i had seen your longhorn.

Send a PM, please, when inquiring about cost. ^_^