Model Cars Magazine Forum

'68 Nickey/Dana Z-28 Camaro turned 70's street racer

novadose71

I'm building this alongside my 67 convertible Camaro and using up another Revell 69 Camaro kit in the process.This one has a Dana hood I got from Time Machine Resin 5 or 6 years ago, I figured it's about time I build a Dana/Nickey around it. It will get some speed parts and 70's custom paint along the way. Here goes

Got a good stance with the 69 Camaro chassis, Revell big n little Blue Streaks and some Modelhaus Daisy wheels.

IMG_9906.jpg

Interior consist's of a 69 Z-28 tub and console, 69 pace car door panels and the AMT 68 seats and dash. It should make for a accurate 68 custom/deluxe interior with a few mods to make it come together. Ignore the primed rear seat it's for my 67 convt. and the 68 kit tub is in the background waiting to have it's rear seat cut loose.

IMG_0044.jpg

The firewall is 69 kit unmodified, and the fenderwells/firewall were cut from the 68 body to make room for the 69 parts.

IMG_0018.jpg

The fit of the 69 chassis still floors me. A little trim on the front corners to fit the splash pan, and even less work to get the rear valence panel to fit. Otherwise it locks into the body real nice.

IMG_0023.jpg

That's all for now, thanks for looking.

Edited by novadose71

That is coming along nicely Rob! Years ago I worked with a guy who had a 67 Nickey Camaro- low miles and near mint- and what a blast it was to drive. His had a black cowl induction hood with the body painted a turquoise green. It was a head turner for sure and it had torq thrust 5 spokes on all 4 corners.

I like that Dana hood, something you do not see much of. Can't wait to see what you do with this and the convertible too!

• 2 years later...