Advice: Revell 70 Boss

Which Engine Would You Choose?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Which Engine Would You Choose?

• Revell Parts Pack 427
    • Revell '99 Cobra
    • Revell 5.0 HO
    • Revell Nascar Engine (Early '90's)

I'm considering picking up said kit, but its sans engine. I have some options and can't decide. I'm not worrying about historical accuracy as it will have a wheel swap and some different body paint. Which direction would you folks go?

The NASCAR engine might be interesting. You can pick up an older Monogram Tbird stock car for really cheap on ebay, you might could even trade for the engine here and it would be the same scale as the car so it won't look too small. The 80s and early 90s Ford stock car engines were also based on the 351 Cleveland which was an optional engine for this car.

The NASCAR engine might be interesting. You can pick up an older Monogram Tbird stock car for really cheap on ebay, you might could even trade for the engine here and it would be the same scale as the car so it won't look too small. The 80s and early 90s Ford stock car engines were also based on the 351 Cleveland which was an optional engine for this car.

Yeah I have a few monogram Citgo Tbird kits collecting dust so pulling an engine is no sweat from those. Since you mentioned the Windsor aspect it's certainly piqued my interest more in that route.

If you have a Monogram 427 Cobra floating around that would be awesome too! Call it a 428 or 390 as they were options also and are virtually identical on the outside!!

Unfortunately I don't in my motors bin, but I'm open to options. The ones in the poll were ones I had on hand i could think of.

Yeah I have a few monogram Citgo Tbird kits collecting dust so pulling an engine is no sweat from those. Since you mentioned the Windsor aspect it's certainly piqued my interest more in that route.

The 351 Cleveland was available as part of the Mach 1 package for '70. In '71 the 429 was dropped from availability in the Mustang and the 351 Cleveland became the Boss 351. The engine from the Citgo Tbird would be a good choice for a restomod Mustang.

The 351 Cleveland was available as part of the Mach 1 package for '70. In '71 the 429 was dropped from availability in the Mustang and the 351 Cleveland became the Boss 351. The engine from the Citgo Tbird would be a good choice for a restomod Mustang.

Cool cool, i didnt know that info off hand. I think i might lean that direction since i'm familiar with building them and have them on hand. lol I just gotta decide on an air cleaner assembly.

If you can get a Monogram 69 Torino Talladega it has a correct 428 in it. The 428 was the top dog Mach 1 engine but could be had without the Mach 1 package also. It really just depends on what you want to do, either engine is correct for the car. Just decide how modififed you want the car to be.

• 3 weeks later...