Model Cars Magazine Forum

MPC '67 Vette coupe?

I'm wanting to build a '67 Corvette coupe. l had one in the late '70s, l'm fairly certain it was an MPC kit. l'm also fairly certain it was street rod only-couldn't be built stock. Very nice wheels & tires, overall nice kit. l'm wanting to say it was called "Streaker 'Vette"? Does anyone recall this kit & if it has been re-issued recently? Thanks, Bart.

Hey Bart,

I had the same kit as a kid. It got my first candy apple paint job. It is called Streaker Vette. And it is from MPC. You can find them on ebay for about 40.00. No reissue as the Streaked Vette. Maybe in a different form. If someone knows, maybe they can add in.

Scott

How wild! l did a search & found out my old buddy Steve Kohler has some of each! l would have gotten around to calling him eventually anyway, but this is just weird! So is the Night Stalker molded in black?

Yes Bart, the 'Night Stalker' is molded in black...I still have mine here from my younger days...

Hey Bart,I am in the process of building the Night Stalker version.I have changed the color to bright red.

I was fearing painting over the black,but,I used the Tamiya white fine primer,then painted it red using the Tamiya Italian Red

and it turned out GREAT!!! I am waiting for it to gas out to spray the clear coat now.

All of these are rattle cans,not airbrushed!!

Hope this helps!!! :D :D

One thing about the "Night Stalker" is that is comes with the solid Centerline wheels and not the slotted wheels like the "Streaker Vette". I wanna get one of those "Streaker Vettes" for myself someday soon.