Model Cars Magazine Forum

Alero/IH/Grand Am thing on Craigslist... fact or faked?

Is anyone in this guy's area? I'm asking because I'd really like to know if this thing actually exists. It's a real listing, but I'm thinking it's some kind of joke. And no, I don't want to contact the guy. :wacko:

http://knoxville.craigslist.org/cto/3091802234.html

It looks like a well-played series of Photoshopped images to me, but it has been haunting me... if it is real, I don't know if I should hate the guy for ruining an IH truck, or love him for taking a red Grand Am GT off the road.

Is anyone in this guy's area? I'm asking because I'd really like to know if this thing actually exists. It's a real listing, but I'm thinking it's some kind of joke. And no, I don't want to contact the guy. :wacko:

http://knoxville.cra...3091802234.html

It looks like a well-played series of Photoshopped images to me, but it has been haunting me... if it is real, I don't know if I should hate the guy for ruining an IH truck, or love him for taking a red Grand Am GT off the road.

I'm not sure how you figure that he took a Grand Am off the road........it still looks like it is/could be on the road. And that kind of Redneck enginering can't be faked.

I'm not sure how you figure that he took a Grand Am off the road........it still looks like it is/could be on the road. And that kind of Redneck enginering can't be faked.

If only half of the Grand Am remains... can it still be considered a Grand Am? ;)

Some kind of redneck horror...probably someone with too much bondo and time on their hands and access to a junkyard. I guess the real question, is 'Why would someone build something so stupid and ugly?'

Edited by Rob Hall

Two guys sharing an adult beverage. There's an International cab in the backyard. Looks at the other.

"You know, LuiAnne has been moaning about wanting a new car."

BillyBo, you need a truck.

"I know."

That red thing she drives ain't really worth much. Get me another.

"You know they look like they fit together. Hand me that bondo."

I work with photoshop almost everyday. If they're photoshopped, I'd tipp my hat to them. Although whoever did it has a sick mind.

If only half of the Grand Am remains... can it still be considered a Grand Am? ;)

Whats missing ??? Half a roof, windshield and 2 doors ??........seems like it could still be titled as a Grand Am, if there were emission testing where this car was licensed it would be tested as a Grand Am........and actually, its not THAT much uglier than a regular Grand Am.

Edited by slantasaurus

I have to agree with Harry and Mike, I saved these pics and opened them up in Photoshop and the tell tale blurriness just isn't there. The areas where the two different bodies touch are sharp and the details are clear. If these are shopped they are the best ever and for something like this it just isn't worth it.

Some kind of redneck horror...probably someone with too much bondo and time on their hands and access to a junkyard. I guess the real question, is 'Why would someone build something so stupid and ugly?'

Because they can!!!!!!! :D

If they had chopped the cab to be more in line with the rest of the body, it might look better.

Best way to improve the looks? Liberate that R-series IH cab, part out the Pontiac and Olds stuff, and do something else... ANYTHING else with it. Make a truckster hot rod using the proceeds from selling the GM parts. Barring that, use the cab for a tree fort, or something. :rolleyes: