Model Cars Magazine Forum

Help with a lifted jeep?

I have a good friend that wants me to build her a lifted purple jeep. So far I have the daisy duke jeep and big tires from a toyota hilux 4x4. But I am not sure of a simple way to lift the jeep up higher. Any help would be greatly welcomed!!!

Thanks so much ...F.D.

Hello!

As in 1/1, you can take many ways to lift your jeep. The easy way to my opinion, you can do a spring over conversion by put the axles under the springs.

Other solution I take in a unfinished model I have is to build your own springs and mounting hardware, but it requires a lot of patient and time.

The other way is to buy a photo etched spring system, again you need to do a lot of work, but the finished product will be more accurate.

Any way you take, I think you need to do a lot of research in the 4X4 y off road magazines so you can take your own decision.

Enjoy your build.

4X4s are not my sphere of expertise, but I've seen a lot of guys around here put spacers between the frame and the body on 1:1s. I've never understood the reasoning, as it does nothing to increase the ground clearance at the frame, but it does get more of the lifted look, easily. Maybe that's why they do it.

One of the easiest ways to lift a kit is to put spacers where the springs mount to the frame. If the axles are seperate from the springs you can also put spacers between the axle and spring but that is only correct for the rear. If you can post a pic of the kit suspension parts it would be easier to explain.

Edited by Fat Brian

4X4s are not my sphere of expertise, but I've seen a lot of guys around here put spacers between the frame and the body on 1:1s. I've never understood the reasoning, as it does nothing to increase the ground clearance at the frame, but it does get more of the lifted look, easily. Maybe that's why they do it.

ya generally people put in body lifts to give the appearance of more lift but sometimes it is just to effectively clear larger tires that dont necessarily need a suspension lift, such as 31" or 33" tires. For the purposes of modelling try adding blocks between the springs and axles.