Model Cars Magazine Forum

32 Ford A/SR - FINISHED

Rickard.... this is turning our amazing. The detail is just out of this world. I love the paint choice you went with too. The trunk looks killer and love the trick with the Acorn nut to help shape the bondo. I do have to ask where you got those holding tools you used holding the bad pedal linkages. Looking forward to your next update.

• 3 months later...

Rickard.... this is turning our amazing. The detail is just out of this world. I love the paint choice you went with too. The trunk looks killer and love the trick with the Acorn nut to help shape the bondo. I do have to ask where you got those holding tools you used holding the bad pedal linkages. Looking forward to your next update.

Hi Chris,

I think I found those holding tools at Micro Mark many years ago...I think they still got them.

Thanks for all comments guys...

I have looking for some nice headers for this build for a while now, but I have not find any that fits spot on. The space between the frame and the engine heads are very very tight.  I´ve been looking in evrey signle model kit , part box whitout finding what I´m looking for...so I decided to make my own headers the same  way that I did on the "Skunkworks  Pro Mod Nova"... from electrical installation cord.

Headers 1.jpg

headers 2.jpg

Headers 3.jpg

Headers 4.jpg

Headers 5.jpg

Edited by RickArt

• 5 months later...
On ‎8‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 8:16 AM, RickArt said:

Thank you Scott :) 

This is how the gas pedal turned out. 

gas_peadal_linkage.thumb.jpg.d785a5f48a6

/ Rick

I just stumbled across this thread during a search and all I can say is WOW! You are taking detailing to a whole 'nother level.

Hi.

Thanks for all comments.

I´m finaly done with the chassie...the onely thing missing are the headlight glass linces. Then it´s all about the interior and decals and som small details.

This will be the final update before the finished build....:)

Hope u like it so far.

5b01fc733397d_32Rordalmostdone.jpg.d151bf929f6b5d5581b257b987f17dae.jpg

Thanks for looking inB)

/Rick

• 2 weeks later...

Fantastic build Rickard, all the way around.  I admire your assembly skills as there is not one thing out of place, glue showing, everything is symmetrical..................just so well done.  cheers, tim

Update.

Here is some pics. of the last pieses. 

I made a new undercarrige for the seat, scratchbuilt from Evergreen rod. This one look better and more accurate.IMG_20180622_172000.jpg.142f42b6b9aef9d40c96fd473b0e0b69.jpg

The steering wheel was stolen from Revells "Big John" 41 Willys kit. I masked the rim with Vallejos "Liquid mask" and then airbrushed the center with Alclad stailess steel. 

IMG_20180617_110025.thumb.jpg.fabf12f4f0b9e4ba1be25ea91ea3cc12.jpg

Tachometer decal from Slixx. Housing made from K&S alu tubing.

IMG_20180605_193942.jpg.a3d27c72d419b81fe7923167babe1cba.jpg

The fire extinguisher.

IMG_20180624_121348.jpg.7d017316db8b1f3e10056cb610e5df09.jpg

IMG_20180624_151431.jpg.7c59d3b4ed4c1385c548d1bfaa9df098.jpg

/ Rick