Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Resin 77 Camaro bumpers

10 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I am wanting to adapt a Monogram 78 Camaro kit to represent the 77 model. I can do most of the work but I would rather not scratchbuild the bumpers. Does anyone offer these in resin?? I want to build this-post-1534-1184750624_thumb.jpg

Posted · Report post

It would be far easier to get an 74-77 MPC Camaro. The only caster who made them has shut down. You could also try e-bay "resin" but I have not seen any in a long time.

Posted · Report post

It would be easier just to buy the right kit but I dont want to pay collectors prices. I may end up buying one and reselling it after I have copied enough bumpers in resin.

I did see some 77 vega bumpers @ Modelhaus that may work. They look about the same.

Posted · Report post

It would be easier just to buy the right kit but I dont want to pay collectors prices. I may end up buying one and reselling it after I have copied enough bumpers in resin.

I did see some 77 vega bumpers @ Modelhaus that may work. They look about the same.

I would think the Vega bumpers would be too narrow and the peak may not match up. I like your idea of buying the kit, coping the bumpers and then reselling it.

Posted · Report post

Thats what I was looking for, thanks Ryan. B)

Posted · Report post

Thats what I was looking for, thanks Ryan. B)

Those will work. But remember on the rear care the bumper had a rubber insert where the holes are in that one.

Posted · Report post

NP, yea the holes are there since there circle track. But i think sewing pins will work as the rubber grommets.

Posted · Report post

Those will work. But remember on the rear care the bumper had a rubber insert where the holes are in that one.

If you look further down the page, there are some smooth bumpers minus the holes.

Posted · Report post

If you look further down the page, there are some smooth bumpers minus the holes.

Thats the ones I am getting. Thanks guys.