Model Cars Magazine Forum

2010 Mustang

Hippie

Hello everyone,

Finished this today, it’s a 2010 drift mustang, to be honest I hate mustangs and drift racing but I’m trying to have a model of all the different types of race cars, and allegedly mustangs are good drift cars so this ended up being made.

Mostly box stock, I replaced REVELL’s tires with some much smaller PEGASUS tires, I also lowered the suspension I know a lot of people in the mustang CBP are just modifying the breaks but it seems kinda cheap so I went all the way, mini tubed the rear, thinned out the front fenders, new suspension arms and the sort, The interior was painted all black, the carpets where done in texture paint, and seat belts where added , the engine is all stock with some random wires added to make it look busy and some aluminum ducking added that caries air to the interior, and a new front spoiler was added, the rear got some battle damaged, then the paint was all done like the hippie van I did a few days ago, and then it was all weathered.

DSCN3289.jpg

DSCN3251.jpg

DSCN3259.jpg

DSCN3269.jpg

DSCN3253.jpg

DSCN3252.jpg

DSCN3292.jpg

DSCN3290.jpg

Sorry for talking so long, thanks for looking, and comments are appreciated. :)

I'm not a big fan of Mustangs either , but yours definitely looks good ! The paint is pretty wild and must have been fun to do .

One suggestion . The dark backgrounds make great looking photos , but are really bad for being able to see the details of a model . Maybe you can mix in a couple pics with a lighter background ?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone and sorry for such a delayed response I was down in Georgia and Alabama for vacation(you guys are better people then me being able to stand the 110+ temps.)

Thanks for all the complements, TooOld Here's some pic's with better lighting.

DSCN3479.jpg

DSCN3485.jpg

DSCN3486.jpg

Also I never showed the chassis pic's, I did this before i decided to weather the car so its still pretty clean, one day I'll weather it.... also the tires need some help...

DSCN3494.jpg

I don't think I mentioned in the first post but I had to raise up the engine in order to get the car this low so all the suspension would still fit, Hopefully that helps someone building the kit.....

and I added another master cylinder............sorry the pic's still suck....

DSCN3491.jpg

DSCN3492.jpg

08seal here's some pic's of the battle damage: nothing that special

DSCN3480.jpg

DSCN3481.jpg

badluck13 thanks for mentioning Janis Joplin Porsche, never seen it before but after I looked it up I think I have a Porsche kit in my future. :D Thanks for mentioning it again.

To everyone that asked about the paint, its all done with a crappy brush for a chain craft store, using cheap acyclic paint like apple. I just free hand everything, the car actually started out in grey primer, just added paint wear ever you want then add details in this case just random shapes, I'm sure everyone can do a better job then this, I only spent about 4 hours after I prepped the body.

Here's a pic of some of the paint and the brush I use:

DSCN3495.jpg

Thanks again for all the comments and sorry for such a delayed response.

Edited by Hippie