Model Cars Magazine Forum

Anybody want a Liberty Transmission?

An online customer asked if TDR would make a Liberty transmission. I inquired and sure enough, Tim said he could do if he had the information. I think I can get the info he needs and I'm wondering if anybody would want one? He could start with 1/16 and then go up.

Here are some photos.

sideshot2.jpg

sideshot3.jpg

original93699fuxuu1o4lz.jpg

libertygearsequalizercl.jpg

I would be interested.

Bonekrosha, You may want to be a bit more specific as to what you consider through the roof for price... Because what you consider may be lower than what I would consider high/expensive.

Since these parts are 3D printed they are going to be a bit more expensive.

How about that Liberty shifter that is what I would like to get a hold of!

Edited by eviltwincustoms

I'll let Tim know and he can get started on it. Since there are less pieces to this compared to a Lenco, the price would have to be lower. His charge is based on cubic inches of material and the type of material. For the best detail, it would have to be the same 'Frosted Ultra Detail' as the Lenco. A 2-speed Lenco with Reverse is $30.

That shifter would be awesome. Maybe one of the photoetch guys could make this and we could add the arms. Here are some detailed photos.

shifterz.jpg

shifterexploded.jpg

shiftercloseup.jpg

Ted....you're spot on about having it printed in the F.U.D. material.....especially in 1/16th scale.

True...... it costs a little more than the less expensive material but the time saved in sanding is well worth the cost difference.

I ordinarily use the cheaper printed parts (only) for things like engine blocks etc. where I want the sand cast finish to show.

Parts that are supposed to have a "smooth, polished" finish, F.U.D. is the way to go....you don't wind up knocking all that wonderful detail off by sanding and save yourself a bunch of finishing time.

As far as the cost goes....it is what it is, as you've said the price is controlled by the type and amount of material used in the printing process.

Edited by GrandpaMcGurk

Bart - TDR is also looking into making the shifter.

Is there a web site I can upload files to, so that others can download them? Otherwise PM me with your email address and I'll send what I have.

Paul Evoy is getting some info this tranny. Does anybody else have access to a real one for measurements?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...