Model Cars Magazine Forum

My version of the Freightliner COE

Just posted this in the Community build.....

OK.....Here I come....sliding in under the wire....truck has been built for a while....and even got a first place at the IPMSNOVA show last month. The problem has been "Photo Bucket" and my lack of computer savvy. Enough whining....on with the model,

The truck is the first of the three that i signed on for...Freightliner COE and Fruehauf flatbed.

Started with a Round 2 reissue, built straight out of the box. I found a Freightliner sales brochure and wanted something a little different, so I chose the "Oxnard" ]paint scheme.

IMG_5529A.jpg

Painted with Testors Model Masters Laquers and clear coat, stripes are painted...gotta love Tamiya masking tape. Black pinstripe between colors is from "Detail Masters"

IMG_5235A.jpg

Added extras include some plumbing and wiring on both the engine and chassis using small wire and solder, I also closed in the back of the steps on the cab and used "Scale Hardware" acorn nuts on the front wheels to dress them up. I also added weather strip around wheel well openings and used "BMF" to dress up a few things.

IMG_5527A.jpg

IMG_5520A.jpgIMG_5506A.jpg

I joined it with the reissue of the Fruefauf flatbed, painted the same green as truck chassis and light gray. Extras on the trailer include, scratch built tool box, spare tire carrier, strap winders and step ladder. The "load" are small cardboard boxes covered in paper towel soaked in white glue and painted with acrylics, rolled tarps are the same. Straps are ribbon from the sewing department at Wal-Mart

IMG_8673A.jpg

IMG_8668A.jpg

IMG_8659A.jpg

IMG_8653A.jpg

Thanks for looking....

• Like 1

Tim,

A photo backdrop/base is on my to do list, Thanks for the comments.

mr46ford

Strap winders are shoe lace eyelets, plastic rod and some "c" channel....don't think I have any pictures of in progress, but I will look.

George

Tires are the Good Years that came in the kit.....Paint wasn't too bad....had to think it in reverse, painting the stripes first...until all three colors were taped....then body color. Couldn't have done it without the Tamiya tape...makes all the difference. Getting ready to post an Autocar with a 70's thems to it...done the same way.