Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell Shelby GT500 1/12 First Model

Galant409VR4

Hey All

Very new here and new to modeling (well its been awile anyways). Just got the Revell Shelby GT500 1/12 scale kit in the mail today.

Well I got the block halfs glued together and the bottom side if the motor sanded smoth.

For the body of the car I sanded some casting lines out of in them wet sanded it with IDK maby 500-600 grit and just go done primering it.

I used krylon rubby brown primer out of a can (IDk if this in normal but the cans almost gone LOL).

Question when I wet sand the primer what grit should I use? I was thinking 2K grit.

post-10111-0-14598300-1341021836_thumb.j

post-10111-0-51744800-1341021853_thumb.j

Edited by Galant409VR4

Update today

Well today Im back at it again. Got the motor, oil pan, and supercharger painted krylon matte silver.For the Headers i scraped the casting lines off so there smother looking now, them I used krylon metalic stainless steel. When I spraid the stainless steel the metalic started building up on the headers so what I did was after they dried I took a dry wash cloth and wiped away all the exess* metalic. Over all I think it turned out good.

The pic on the right is before and the pic on the left is after I wiped away all the exess* metalic

Sorry for the crappy pics.

post-10111-0-72783600-1341069625_thumb.j

post-10111-0-50079300-1341069677_thumb.j

Edited by Galant409VR4

Update

Hey all

Put some time in on the kit today. I got the motor almost done what do you guys think?

shelby54.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

shelby542.jpg

shelby543.jpg

Some of the detailing paint isnt purfect on the bolts but its ok...

I also got the chassis painted gold but havent done any detail painting on it yet. Will post pics of that. The motor suround area I painted Krylon Navy rattle can blue but it also doesnt have any detail ither...Pics to come

Thanks

Dan

Hey Im new

Edited by Galant409VR4