Model Cars Magazine Forum

'25 "T",Do I Really Need Another W.I.P.?!?!?!?

Badluck 13

When Baby Girl n I was out last week to get her paint for her "A",I seen this kit on the shelf and had to have it....yeah like I need another work in progress but like many others I have more than one going to break up the monotony,still working on my trucks.....comments and or ideas most welcome good,bad,or ugly.......

014-6.jpg

The kit!!!,wanted this when I was a kid and now that I am in my second childhood,why not :D

008-3.jpg

Some bodywork done on the body and the color I am using,may remove the door handles,not sure yet....

010-5.jpg

Frame and suspension color

007-5.jpg

Chrome removal and tons of flash and mold/injection marks removed but hey what do ya expect for vintage molds.

011-6.jpg

012-4.jpg

A little work on the interior...

i got this kit too seems like amt jacked the prices up on their kits now. but any way i got the t bucket done and the cuope worked on again both are rat rod trucks. and yes its a preetttty simpel kit for the 60s but a good one to build the t bucket is a raodster p/u. and the cuope is a exstended cab p/u.

Good part is you can both get a model out of this kit. I love it and already have three, a lot of possibilties with this one or two really. I'm trying to get out of the snap kits too soon with my Grandaughter (5 1/2), my mistake. If she is ready she is ready and I think your baby girl is. I saw the last one. And i just figured out what W.I.P. stands for and you always need one.

Thanks for the comments!!!!,did just a small bit of an update so this is what I done so far.........

008-4.jpg

I didn't like how the front axle doesn't hide the metal axle so I am trying to disguise that(again another first)

009-2.jpg

Also took the advice I got here on filling gaps,cut a wedge of plastic to fill in the gap on the lower backing plate.

013-9.jpg

014-7.jpg

That's all for now,see ya all when we get back,Going on vacation ....stay safe this forth and Happy Fourth Of July....

I'm with you on that axel thing, I did kind of the same thing on mine. Try not to get too much paint on your hand this time, I loved that! :wub: Vinyl gloves seem to work pretty good,lol. I'm going to have to try that with my Grandaughter. I made the mistake of giving her one of my surplus Corvettes, which is a skill level two I think. Needless to say we are going back to snap-kits after this one.

Edited by rmvw guy

• 6 months later...

.......Wow finally got to sit down and do a lil' to this one that I almost forgot I had.....Hopefully I will actually complete this on very soon...........

010-7.jpg

005-3.jpg

All chrome was removed on suspension,way too much for my taste

004-4.jpg

Front axel filled and fitted to eliminate the straight through "AMT metal" axel

011-7.jpg

002-6.jpg

Quick mock up,frame is planed to be painted green(same shade as engine block)also want to mount the windshield in the swing out position,as always...comments/ideas,good,bad,and or indifferent always welcome....thanks for lookin'

Like what you're doing with this one. I'm gathering parts for one, but will be using a Flintstone '26 body on the '25 frame instead, (like the looks of the '26 rear quarters a little better than the '25.) I really like the idea of the axel stubs on the '25 front axel. I'm glad I waited to start until the parts arrive otheriwse I wouldn't have got to "copy" your brilliant fix for AMT's eyesore of a front axle! Thanks! Like the color you used on the interior and seats.

From the sounds of it my parts from R & M of Maryland should be getting here soon then all I need is a small block Chevy and Powerglide and I'll be off to the races so to speak. (Can't stand having to set a project aside to search and rumage for parts.) Come to think of it when the Replicas & Miniatures package arrives I will have stuff to start more than a few projects too! Should have a pic or two when things get rolling.