Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

fudge biscuits; or; let's strip the Chrysler...

6 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

primed and painted the '55 Chrysler and gave it plenty of cure time, three weeks or so...

rubbed out some dust and flecks and sprayed another coat...

well; fudge biscuits are neither fudge nor are they biscuits. into the Purple Pond for a nice cool swim and let's try again, shall we....

which precipitated a change in build direction; i had been building it as replica stock but felt that my intended black paint job needed a deep crimson interior instead of beige... so, it'll be replica NEARLY stock.

i have run into some quibbles in the assembly process; the engine assembly isn't QUITE as straightforward and painless as the AMT '57 Chrysler engine. it still came out looking great, but there were moments... and locating pins that i cut off to make things stay put. i'm not going to cry about it, as this is a relatively new area for Moebius and i'll give them benefit of the doubt.

Posted · Report post

Black/crimson sounds very cool. B)

Posted · Report post

I didn't have any issues when I built the engine.What was the trouble?

Posted · Report post

It's a great kit that I'm looking forward to building,hopefully in Tango red,but then again black makes it mean business.

Posted · Report post

some of the locating pins seemed to require almost "snap-fit" force to position them... then again, i'm almost to the point of building by braille any more. need a magnifying glass to look at the box art.....

Posted · Report post

It is a nice engine 2012_0211Spock0054.jpg