Model Cars Magazine Forum

Does anyone else on here like tractor pulls because I would like to see if anyone else has ever built one. I know AMT had a kit back in the late 80's or early 90's but I still haven't got one of these yet, because they are so hard to find. So I am thinking about building one from scratch using Ross Gibson engines.

There has actually been several "Tractor Pull" type models produced. There was the Blazing Bison tractor, the Tennesee Thunder funny car puller, the Pulldozer truck and the Orange Blossom Special pulling truck.

Yes they are Brian. The axles I used are from an AMT monster truck. I narrowed them up some and used metal axles through them. I epoxied the hubs from the monster truck kit into the back of the tires. Worked out just fine. Now, I need to find a few more of those axles and hubs....

i am a huge fan of pulling tractors, trucks, super farm ect. i have a few pics of my puller i have been working on over the last few months. i would love to find ertls 1466 IH kit but i just have a hard time paying $130+ for something im just going to cut apart. i have made several diecast 1/16 an 1/64 pulling tractors.

IMG_20120709_194328.jpg

IMG_20120709_194337.jpg

IMG_20120709_194353.jpg

IMG_20120709_194409.jpg

to tell you the truth the orange blossom tires dont really look like the new duble cut pulling tires they now use. the best ones you can use is the 1/64 hot wheels monster jam trucks. i see im not the only one thats using them for there pull trucks too.

• 1 year later...

i always wanted to build the IH 4300 or the old COE IH. i haven't posted much in awhile but it was pulling season and over last winter i did a full resto of my real pulling truck so this kinda took a back seat. so i hope to get back into this project soon and finish a few others

• 2 weeks later...

There has actually been several "Tractor Pull" type models produced. There was the Blazing Bison tractor, the Tennesee Thunder funny car puller, the Pulldozer truck and the Orange Blossom Special pulling truck.

Forgot one the mad mudder revell kit. I have all these except the pulldozer which is the same truck as the mad mudder