Model Cars Magazine Forum

1969 Camaro (COPO 9561 L72 427 pkg)

deadcylinder

Not much of a Camaro fan, but I like the detail you have put into this, is this the same package as the Yenko, 427?, nice detail man.......

Yes...Don Yenko used the COPO system, Central Office Production Order, to have the 427's installed at the factory instead of swapping them into Camaro's. 9561 was a GM internal code number for the factory to install a 427 in place of a 396. The 396 and 427 have the same external dimensions, so no modifications were needed to install. In a nut shell, the '69 Yenko Camaro's were COPO 9561's (427's installed at the factory) with his decals and tuning. I'm sure someone will dispute everything I've said, and say I'm completely wrong, but from what I've read...that is the gist of it.

Pluggin away at the interior. Dunno if I should include the center console or not. It's a manual so it's a 4 on the floor for this one. If I omit the center console, gonna need a floor shift trim ring n' stuff...what you guys think?

to the the best of my knowledge COPO 427's did not have center consoles. your build looks great, I just finished a Yenko from that kit, think I will go back and open up the grill now though

to the the best of my knowledge COPO 427's did not have center consoles. your build looks great, I just finished a Yenko from that kit, think I will go back and open up the grill now though

Some did. Some didn't. "COPO" was not a standard order and not all were base models - and not all COPOs were manuals.

If you are not building one specific COPO, it would be up to the builder whether or not to install the console.

Nice work so far - great looking grill.