Model Cars Magazine Forum

Wild Willie Funny Car

Thanks Dave. I was just reading your response to my question about nets on wheelie bars. Once you get that coupe on the road, bring it up to Perry county and we'll wake up the cows and chickens!! I'm hoping to make it to Maple Grove for Friday's qualifying.

That barrel valve is a challenge. At least the one on the opposite side won't be quite as hard. It won't have as many lines to it.

post-9531-0-46830100-1348710575_thumb.jp

Here is the belt I made from a drive belt I rescued from an epson printer headed to the trash. Not all of the belt has ribs on it. Most of the belt is smooth, so it will come in real handy. I need to add a very small piece to fill the gap at the bottom.

Thanks for looking.

Edited by GoatGuy

Niko- thanks for your comments. I always look forward to your builds.

Bill - thanks. I learn from all of you. Your work is outstanding.

Chris - I got the decals today. They will go on tonight. I appreciate it.

Jim - thanks. Your products help us achieve our goals. I will be ordering more in the future.

I look forward to learning more from you guys. Your successes and mistakes help all of us improve.

post-9531-0-71021500-1349034164_thumb.jp

I have struggled with braided line and fittings and think I have found a good way to thread the line into the fitting. I have not researched this much, so probably some of you have good methods of doing the same and have already shared this. I took a scrap piece of styrene sheet, drilled a hole through it that matches the bore of the fitting and then used a larger bit to create a counter bore or funnel shape. Then I lined up the holes of the sheet and the fitting and glued the fitting in place with white glue, let it dry and then was able to thread the line through the fitting. Now I can pull the fitting off the sheet, clean off the glue and continue working. Please share better ideas with me as I have not used braided line a lot. Thanks for looking.

• 2 weeks later...