Model Cars Magazine Forum

Plum crazy Coupe

Now to something more traditional, my plum crazy '48 Coupe. I had started with Revell's '48 Coupe. It will get only minor modifications like Replicas Miniature's carb distributor & Studebaker taillights and Model Car Garage Sharp heads. I also added some some belt lines made out of half round profiles.

interior.jpg

interior1.jpg

chassis.jpg

mockup1.jpg

mockup.jpg

chassis1.jpg

I just added some brake lines

mockup3.jpg

mockup2.jpg

Here the finished body. Paint is Candy Plum crazy over plum Crazy from Zero Paints. The cal ear coat is also from Zero Paints. On the pictures it looks a bit dull. I think I have to play a bit around with my camera setup to get better pictures.

Edited by carsntrucks4you

As usual a Flathead must be installed into the Coupe. I used the kits engine and modified it with a 3 carb intake from the '48 Ford Convertible, 3 Strombergs, Sharp valve cover and air cleaners from Modelcar Garage. The crab distributor is from Replica Miniatures of Maryland along with some pulley from Parts by Park. And last but not least a coil from Mr. Model. The fuel line will added when the engine is installed in the chassis

flatty.jpg

flatty1.jpg

flatty2.jpg

flatty3.jpg

flatty4.jpg