Model Cars Magazine Forum

RIP Andy Griffith

Such a great show, always with a moral at the end! Truly a great actor and producer. I saw a show a while back that said nothing got on that show that wasn't scripted/rehearsed. He was a taskmaster on the set but the end result speaks for itself. RIP Sheriff!

And Aunt B? Opie hopefully will not join them too soon.

Yup, Opie and Gomer have to be about the only regular cast members left, Goober past not too long ago too :(

Sad for our loss, happy for heaven's gain. One thing I remember about Andy, he sure could pick a mean guitar!

Did you guys notice a much younger Denver Pyle in the Darling Clan there?

Yup, Opie and Gomer have to be about the only regular cast members left, Goober past not too long ago too :(

Did you guys notice a much younger Denver Pyle in the Darling Clan there?

Also the bluegrass band "The Dillards" played 'the boys'. I have several of their albums (yes vinyl) from back in the day. I loved Denver Pyle as Briscoe Darling as he growled at Andy and Barney! "Why sheriff, I didn't know you strang!"

Sad day indeed. We lost a great one. I met the lady who played Helen Crump back in 87 at a Andy Griffith convention in Winston/Salem North Carolina.