Model Cars Magazine Forum

66 Marlin body

I just recently got a Jo-Han 66 Marlin from a member on here but he widened the wheel wells and sanded the trim down to make a stocker out of it,does anyone cast a 66 Marlin body?I have everything else under control for the marlin except the body.(And yes I knew it was like this before I got it).

Austin, I sent you pictures of the Marlin, there not cheap by any means, they usually start at $60.00 and way Higher, GOOD LUCK!!

I always look up Jo-Han Model Cars on ask.com or Google, they sometimes have a Marlin on there, or go to newt's boneyard!!

I don't think it would be worth it to cast only the body, and JOHAN Marlins aren't made of unobtainium yet. One just ended yesterday on eBay, with a painted body, for $27.00, so they are out there and still affordable.

Gotta remember Casey I have to have cash upfront to my dad to by me something on Ebay because of my age,Kinda hard to spend that much on one kit for just a body if you don't have a constant source of income,and my dad doesn't like me buying models to much.Now I can get resin parts and decals because usually they are fairly cheap.Not trying to be rude,Just telling you the obstacles I have in my path.

Edited by Austin T

Thanks guys for the tips and advice,I am thinking about repairing myself but I have butterflies about it.I do like the idea of the template.It's not the trim I'm worried about it's mostly the wheel wells,Let me post some pics in a few minutes.

Edited by Austin T

Thanks guys for the tips and advice,I am thinking about repairing myself but I have butterflies about it.I do like the idea of the template.It's not the trim I'm worried about it's mostly the wheel wells,Let me post some pics in a few minutes.

I understand your predicument . Lack of steady funds binds you up . There are many of us "old timers" still having these same issues . Any time you want to search for anything in Resin , may I suggest : . Once there scroll down to the bottom . Click Model Car Links . Atthe top portion is a resin search . Enter what you want to find . No luck here . Try to get a used part . Go to "looking for" section on this site . Post what you need . This site allows swapping only . Other Car Magazine Sites allow buying and selling ..Thanx ..

Hey Austin, I gave you the 66 Marlin kit, but before I gave it to you, I sent you Pictures of the complete kit, you still wanted it, it didn't cost you anything not even shipping, I forwarned you of the kit's condition and you wanted it, I didn't do anything to the kit, that's how I got it, I sent you pictures of what the guy wanted to do with the kit. So if your not happy with the kit send it back to me and I'll even pay the shipping.

Mike Akai

8668 Kelly Drive

Saint John, Indiana

46373-9266

Thank You!!!!!

Oh I'm just fine with the kit,and I knew that chances were pretty good that I would have to do repair work on the kit.Sorry If things came out the wrong way and confused anyone.I have already started to repair it and I'm enjoying the experience and rewards of heavy scratch building.