Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

AMT '60 Chevy Custom Fleetside

15 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

The issue i have is a stock only model, was this truck ever issued as a 2 n 1 or customized version?

Posted · Report post

Its a shame because the its a great kit and its so much nicer looking as well. Neither of my lhs' s stock much out of prod stuff. But il ask the ownershow hard it is for them to get the custom version. In the short term though ill lower the one i have myself

Posted · Report post

The stoxker does have a very nice stovebolt

Posted · Report post

I was thinking of picking one up for the straight six engine, but it looks like the custom version has a customized intake manifold and a cone-shaped air cleaner, so I would probably pick the stock version.

Yes, the custom one does have a custom intake. It's suppoed to be an "electronic feul injection intake". The rest of the engine is the same as the stock truck. It is a very accurate version of the late High Pressure/Low Pump 235, and is the only correct donor 6 cylinder for converting '55-'62 Chevrolets. With a few alterations, it can also be used as a '55-'63 261, which was used in Chevrolet 2 ton trucks '55-'62, Canadian Pontiacs (not sure of years), as well as a rare option in '61-'62 3/4 and 1 ton 2wd Chevrolet pickups, '61-'63 in 4x4s.

Posted · Report post

Is the custom intake manifold in the Custom kit the only engine part which is different from the Stock kit?

Posted · Report post

Is the custom intake manifold in the Custom kit the only engine part which is different from the Stock kit?

Exhaust manifold is also different- it is set up for duals.

Posted · Report post

I forgot about the exhaust. The exhaust isn't a very accurate peice, either. A better split manifold can be found in either the AMT '53 Corvette or the '51 Fleetline, depending on whether you want a factory split manifold or Fentons. The intake can be made stock by simply swapping the "feul injection" parts for a single bbl carb. Also, the oil filter that's molded to the intake is incorrect. The correct style filter can be found in the AMT '55 Cameo/Stepside (the parts are also still present in the '57 versions) or the new tool Revell '55 Bel Air kits.

Posted · Report post

Are all the stock engine parts still found in the Custom kit?

Posted · Report post

Are all the stock engine parts still found in the Custom kit?

No.

Posted · Report post

Thanks, Bill.

Posted · Report post

Pics of what's inside the AMT '60 Chevy Custom Fleetline, kit # 6310, can be viewed HERE

Posted · Report post

i agree casey - about 3/4 thru my first build of this kit, and im constantly on the hunt for more of them.

Posted · Report post

I never knew what that kit looked like until I traded it to Casey! :D

I want to see it built!

The one I have will be built as a 4WD.

Posted · Report post

The only thing I don't like about the custom version is that grille with the funky looking headlights and an extra bow tie emblem. I bought a stock one just for the grille and turn signal housings in the hood. The flame wheels are kinda funky looking too. If I ever do get around to building mine, I'm going to put a 409 in place of the six cylinder.