Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT '60 Chevy Custom Fleetside

1 hour ago, Jim B said:

What's wrong with the stance? :blink:

All kidding aside, I'm pretty sure Gabriel meant the ride height needs to be lowered, which, in fairness to AMT/Ertl, was addressed with the sister version of this kit, n mentioned on page one:

Due to how the parts are laid out, it wouldn't be possible for Round2 to include the new/different Street Machine-specific parts along with the stock version, but it's not too difficult to modify the spindles and rear springs to drop the truck to a height you find more appropriate.

On 1/9/2019 at 2:25 PM, Jim B said:

What's wrong with the stance? 

Watch the review of the finished model, then compare to the Box art version,  this particular version although not in the stratosphere in height compared to a 4X4.

Has a simple fix to lower the rear half, but offers a little bit of a challenge to lower the front. Due to how the upper control arms are attached, IMHO.

There is a similar thread about this kit on another forum, and one member who had bought the kit had some issues with the white walls not being in the center of the tire. Has anyone else had that problem on their copy or is it just bad luck?

iRCHYv.jpg

Personally for me it's not a big issue as I'll be changing the tires anyway when I get to building one of these. But I know it would be a problem for several people if it was wrong on all of these kits.

10 hours ago, W-409 said:

There is a similar thread about this kit on another forum, and one member who had bought the kit had some issues with the white walls not being in the center of the tire. Has anyone else had that problem on their copy or is it just bad luck?

iRCHYv.jpg

Personally for me it's not a big issue as I'll be changing the tires anyway when I get to building one of these. But I know it would be a problem for several people if it was wrong on all of these kits.

The narrow stripes on one side of the tires look pretty good, but the wider whitewalls on the other side are a little out of whack.

The one set of tires in the 65 Rivera are the same way, but the triple stripe tires are really nice.

On ‎1‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 12:52 PM, RichCostello said:

The narrow stripes on one side of the tires look pretty good, but the wider whitewalls on the other side are a little out of whack.

The one set of tires in the 65 Rivera are the same way, but the triple stripe tires are really nice.

the tires in my kit looked like these. Good on the skinny side, and off printed on the wide side. I wasn't going to use them unless I had too. I have some Moebius spare tires with a wider whitewall side, and another set of resin with white insert which is slightly wider than the kit tires. I just need to find some steelie wheel's

Edited by my80malibu

The go kart is a really sweet bonus and I'm excited for it but I wish round2 would have given us the optional lowered suspension and at least one other wheel option preferably mags. This will be my third edition of this kit and will end up like the other two, wheel covers in the trash, straight 6 squirrelled away for a tri five chevy conversion, some other kit parted out to make this truck what it should have been out of the box.

Just venting, it's a great kit to build and I always enjoy it regardless 

On 1/10/2019 at 11:46 PM, my80malibu said:

Watch the review of the finished model, then compare to the Box art version,  this particular version although not in the stratosphere in height compared to a 4X4.

Has a simple fix to lower the rear half, but offers a little bit of a challenge to lower the front. Due to how the upper control arms are attached, IMHO.

I chose to lower mine like this.

thumbnail_20190118_163446_resized.jpg

thumbnail_20190118_163651_resized_1.jpg

thumbnail_20190118_163537_resized.jpg

thumbnail_20190118_163202_resized.jpg